Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 12:46 AM

Default Re: SYTYCD odds on individual contestants now posted!!

New odds at Bodog on Male/Female SYTYCD winner:

Male: -140
Female: Even

This is a major odds shift toward female.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:32 AM

gee glad i put some money on the females before it changed, excellent news.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
New odds at Bodog on Male/Female SYTYCD winner:

Male: -140
Female: Even

This is a major odds shift toward female.

[/ QUOTE ]
New line today:

Male: -130
Female: -110

Last night Cat posed Mary the question of whether a girl could win this year for the first time in three seasons. Mary's answer was an enthusiastic yes.

A few minutes later we saw a different answer in the form of solos by all eight contestants. Based on that demonstration my conclusion is the girls face a very uphill battle to say the least.

Analysis of the Top 6:

Men: This looks to be a tight race to the final.

1. Danny is the best dancer but too often not the one who dances best. He could pull away from the others if he gets his act together. He's the best soloist and winning the final may be a lot easier than getting there.

2. Neil is another strong dancer and excellent soloist. He's more flexible than Danny and less likely to screw something up. Charisma while dancing was a problem at the beginning but he is much improved and now it is Danny that is lagging in this area.

3. The female dancers love Pasha and not just because he's handsome, fun, and a great dancer. Pasha is the best partner and worst soloist by large margins. He could easily reach the final through partner dances and then lose without a real fight because of his weak solos.

Women: A two-way battle here.

1. Lauren is amazingly lucky. She reached the B3 the week Jessi got sick and survived a horrible solo only because they needed to cut Jessi. Then in the cut to the final ten she outlasted Anya on a split decision. Last week she finished next to last ahead of Jaimie who has been much better all season. Finally this week she was outdanced by Sara but survived anyway. She's not a bad dancer but she has gone much farther than she deserves.

That's all behind us now. Lauren is dead money with no real chance to survive another week. Even if she miraculously makes the final she's a poor soloist with no chance to win.

2. Lacey was not her best this week and she needs to bounce back quickly. With Lauren almost a sure out this week she is really fighting a two-week battle with Sabra to reach the final. Lacey is a weak soloist who will have a hard time in the final. The wild card here is she seems to be immensely popular and no one has ever put a limit on that. It's possible her voting block is unstoppable regardless of what happens on stage.

3. Sabra fooled me. She just keeps getting better and better and her previously unnoticeable personality has become very engaging. She never seems to have a bad performance and her solos are quite good.

Summary: The boy/girl question could come down to the Lacey-Sabra battle. If Lacey reaches the final either Danny or Neil is likely to beat her because her solos just aren't very good. Sabra's hardest task may be reaching the final but once there she could make it a real battle.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:18 PM

I agree with your analysis and after the solos was not feeling as confident about my bodog bet on the girls although the change in the odds is a good sign. I really would like to see a Sabra-Pasha final since I think this gives the girls the best chance of victory. I am hoping that America wants to see a female win the contest for a change.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:11 PM

I've been studying the TV listings. The real plan seems to be a little different than expected:

Wednesday 8/8: Top 6 perform
Thursday 8/9: NFL preseason football

Monday 8/13: Results show cut two dancers
Wednesday 8/15: Final 4 perform
Thursday 8/16: Winner crowned (season finale)

That's a direct winner chosen from the final four without a head-to-head final 2 performance show. That should really help Lacey and Pasha because solo dancing becomes much less important.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:40 AM

So have the votes from Wednesday's show been counted yet? I would think that the finalists would have to know well in advance of Monday b/c of all of the choreography they need to learn by Wednesday. Has this been leaked anywhere?
Old 08-10-2007, 05:38 PM

I haven't seen anything...but will let ya know if I read something that resembles a leak.

I did not bet on this as this is first year I have watched.
I am hoping Sabre at least makes it to the finals as she is the one that really seems to have bloomed during the competition.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:27 AM

don't think there will be spoilers because they taped that everyone was safe in front of the crowd, then let the crowd out and filmed the real ending
Old 08-16-2007, 10:01 PM

Sabre!
YESSSSSSS!
Old 08-16-2007, 11:44 PM

Gee still watching west coast time hope this is true. I win my bet on a girl to come out on top and after the last two weeks I thought I had no chance.