Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Separate Fantasy Sports Forum??

Also, it's interesting to note that we are discussing this because a few mods decided in thier infinite wisdom to start a thread in the mod forum, not because there's some huge outcry for another split of a forum (Sports) that already has not a lot of regular users. Leave well enough alone. There's already way too many damn forums.

People ask why I don't post more often and it's simply because there's too much crap to keep up with so I end up simply scaling back to a core 3-4 forums.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's dilutive without reason is why. There's a grand total of 17 active threads today. This isn't some massively overtaxed forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

clark,

do you think sports forum regulars would be ok with five or six different fantasy threads at once? because usually they complain about it. that's the reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall there ever being a major issue.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:10 PM

OT/threadjack: someone just dropped Travis Hafner to waivers in my league [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

loooool
Old 06-22-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's dilutive without reason is why. There's a grand total of 17 active threads today. This isn't some massively overtaxed forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

clark,

do you think sports forum regulars would be ok with five or six different fantasy threads at once? because usually they complain about it. that's the reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall there ever being a major issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i myself have started several threads about particular players or transactions and been berated for it, which is why i started the in-season megathread. currently the ratio of questions to useful answers in that thread is like 5:1 so it's not exactly a resounding success. maybe that would be the case if it had it's own forum, who knows, but that's the reason i started a thread in the mod forum about this.

and wtf is this 'in their infinite wisdom' crap, it's not like we didn't start a thread here as well (before taking any steps to create the forum BTW). it's not like we're not asking the folks who post here. maybe it's you with your 'infinite wisdom' who is vetoing the idea even though you haven't kept up with the issue. would you miss the fantasy posts in sports? no. you're just a cranky old nit who wishes it was still 2004.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:39 PM

No
Old 06-22-2007, 09:40 PM

So now that the users of this forum have come out overwhelmingly against it, when will the new forum be created?
Old 06-22-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No

[/ QUOTE ]

you know, with you and Clark both against it I may have to rethink my position.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:46 PM

Heh, I went to search to make sure I had the five posts in the last month required to qualify, wasn't sure since the NBA is over and golf has been moved. I found out I have 112. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Sorry NT!, Clark owns this thread hard. I vote NO. For a reason that hasn't already been clearly stated, a forum split will result in some fantasy posters spending less time in Sports, which is bad. A poster in a hurry who used to click Sports may now click Fantasy Sports for advice on add/drops and not have time to peruse Sports, whereas if those threads were all together he may see a non-fantasy thread he wants to read and may end up contributing to it.

If you guys don't think a split will hurt Sports - particularly because seemingly nobody seems to be complaining about it, I don't even play fantasy sports and I think it's a bad idea - then you're high. Sorry, but at least you're high. I wish I was high.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No

[/ QUOTE ]

you know, with you and Clark both against it I may have to rethink my position.

[/ QUOTE ]
iron is against new forums by default and without exception. Christ, Mat could suggest an "Expert Advice On Getting 26 Year Old Virgins Laid" forum and he'd be against it.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Christ, Mat could suggest an "Expert Advice On Getting 26 Year Old Virgins Laid" forum and he'd be against it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is true.