Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Playalongs are fun...J4s at 1/2

So, TPK, what of it? What are we all supposed to learn from this playalong?

fwiw, I have to agree with Shillx; given the action and the reads you gave at the beginning, you're looking at 1-2 outs when the action gets back to you on the flop and you don't have the odds to continue. But you called down and won against a hand that you'd have no idea CO would 3-bet on the flop. This hand belongs in NC.

Edit: and I know that Babar is going to give me [censored] for being grumpy. I actually held off on this post in the hopes that an interesting decision would come up on the turn or river.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:19 AM

I disagree, boz. I think that there was a good discussion about the flop play. It may not have had the most interesting decisions after that, making it not a perfect play along, but I think it was a good hand to post.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree, boz. I think that there was a good discussion about the flop play. It may not have had the most interesting decisions after that, making it not a perfect play along, but I think it was a good hand to post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so maybe, "this hand belongs in NC" was a little too strong. No offense, TPK. But when you look at the whole hand this sure smells like a FP(osting)S post of, "ZOMG, lookit how this rock played TP2K!"

Just post it and cut the action off at the flop.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:04 PM

How do we feel about the COs 3-bet on the flop? I would either coldcall or fold but it might work in this case. If everyone knows that he is a 6/3 kinda guy then he can play the hand perfectly by 3-betting the flop since he can easily jettison the hand if anyone plays back. If he calls it might scare everyone into checking to him and then he has to decide if he should value bet/risk a free one with a so-so hand. The problem with 3-betting is that the flop bettor is never folding with a hand that he leads into a big field with. He either has a strong draw or a hand like a set/2-pair and niether of those are going anywhere. So all you really do is pump up the pot with a pretty meh hand but again it might just work with his image.

Folding seems like a reasonable play to me as well (BDFD considerations aside).
Old 06-20-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do we feel about the COs 3-bet on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

It really depends on why he's playing the way he's playing. Yeah, it's possible that he's a nut-w/t-bag (a weak-tightie trapped in a nutbag's body) and has been being dealt crap and missing flops for a couple of hours, and now that he's hit top pair, "Me bet and raise!" That's bad.

It may be that he knows his image and is trying to level the competition with a hand with showdown value. Not a bad play with reads on the opponents, but in that case I'm not sure that I don't take the free showdown.

Edit: just looked back...CO wasn't offered a free showdown. UTG played a reasonable WA/WB line, even tho not HU, except probably should have raised pf.