Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Players forced to play $2k NL WSOP event in 100 degree tent

I played in the tent during the high winds at the LO8 tourney. I was almost killed...far worse than the heat.

Anyone who was there knows what I mean.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:47 PM

FWIW, was playing at the Horseshoe in Tunica (owned by Wal...er Harrah's) and a player had a legit complaint-the nature of which escapes me. The dealer told him specifically to write a letter and emphasized it over a phone call or anything else. Something about company policy dictates that at least 3 "higher-ups" have to read and respond. He actually was pretty adamant about how seriously they take it, which surprised me since I always envision letter writing as a waste of ink.

But after the Brodie story and the handling of the WSOP, my mind is made up to avoid the Harrah's owned properties altogether.

Cliffnotes: Do both. Write a letter AND gamble elsewhere.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:55 PM

FWIW, I was there June 1-10 and had planned on playing 3 events while there. After hearing about the debacle that was the card issue during event #3 and most the players having NOTHING good to say, I chose to not play any event and just played the cash games while there.

I had planned on playing the "V" events instead, but the cash games were so good, I never left in time to get enough sleep the night previous [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2007, 11:37 PM

Petition to move thread to NVG so I can ban the doorknobs hating on Dan Druff.

Captive markets sucks balls.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:50 PM

Did's, how can we do that? Just ask you to move it?
Old 06-17-2007, 12:08 AM

I don't care so much about the negative comments aimed at me, provided that they don't become the main focus of the thread.

Anyway, I bought in for the $1500 NL event today, with the full intention to get a refund if they stuck me in the pavilion. While the guy behind me in line ended up there, I was placed at table 176 in the main room.

I noticed that they pretty much changed everything today regarding the pavilion situation.

All cash games were suspended until 3pm.

Additional tables were set up near Buzios.

They announced that there would be a concerted effort to get people out of the pavilion. Indeed, it was empty by the first break (I walked over and checked).

I'm glad to see that Jack Effel and friends finally decided to do things correctly, but these radical changes basically validate everything I said in the first place. They must have realized that they royally screwed up yesterday, so suddenly Effel's desire to "accomodate everyone" (referring to cash and 1-table satellite players) has apparently vanished.

Keep in mind that I also expressed my concerns yesterday to Nolan Dalla, who e-mailed Jeffrey Pollack and other higher-ups about it, basically agreeing with my stance.

Doesn't it suck when the players have to manage the managers?
Old 06-17-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I played today. It was definitely toasty in the pavilion. I had a bit of swamp ass going on and couldn't put my big headphones on without getting swamp ear, an affliction I didn't know existed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just gotta wear a manpon.

Its like a napkin folded together so if cough or sneeze and a little run comes out it hits that manpon.

"I got mud butt son. I was scared if I farted I would [censored] on myself. I had 40 hot wings last night so I had to manpon it up son." Christopher "Big Black" Boykin.

Its like a napkin folded together so if cough or sneeze and a little run comes out it hits that manpon.

"I got mud butt son. I was scared if I farted I would [censored] on myself. I had 40 hot wings last night so I had to manpon it up son." Christopher "Big Black" Boykin.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:45 AM

Location: always C/Ring with 3 outs and usually getting there

Jeez, they listened to the complaints of the players, admitted their mistake, and rectified the situation. Now instead of a pat on the back or a thank you, the tournament directors are still being given a hard time for the day before.

People make errors in judgment...Why can't we just applaud the directors who made the appropriate changes?

By the way, this kind of stuff isn't just limited to Harrah's. Didn't they play the 1997 Main Event final table outdoors in blistering, uncomfortable heat? Why do people act like Harrah's is the first and only entity to screw up the running of a poker tournament?
Old 06-17-2007, 01:46 AM

do you ever do anything but [censored] and pull the covers off of chairs?
Old 06-17-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

By the way, this kind of stuff isn't just limited to Harrah's. Didn't they play the 1997 Main Event final table outdoors in blistering, uncomfortable heat? Why do people act like Harrah's is the first and only entity to screw up the running of a poker tournament?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point; but that was to specifically draw media attention to the then newly constructed Freement St Experience, at a time where Vegas got hardly any media coverage, compared to today.

Harrahs has been getting slaughtered for more than a fortnight about the tent, yet they still pulled that sh*t on Friday.

Add me to the list of people that will be playing at the B and the V next week, instead of the WSOP, as I had originally intended.