Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: WSOP says Rousso is a Man

Top notch job
Old 06-16-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you should focus a bit more on poker rather than knocking someone way out of your league.

[/ QUOTE ]

When she gets attention and interviews because of her poker achievements instead of because of her gender, I'll stop focusing on her looks instead of her poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

The god-given truth from god's country. :-) I am smarter than her and my poker skills don't seem any worse, so I feel eminently entitled to discuss her looks, especially as she uses them to make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

She seems pretty smart to me. Over/under on her SAT score is 1480, over/under on the split is 780/700 . If you can beat that, hats of to ya'.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can, but the point is she trying to cash in on her looks, so they are definitely a legitimate topic. I don't care about her one way or the other - I just object to the "friend" trying to tell us what we can talk about.

[/ QUOTE ]

She may be brilliant, she may not. Given how she has realized how she can use her looks to market herself, she's probably quite smart.

Having said that, if she was an overweight middle aged Caucasian male, she would get no notice. It's her looks and her gender that get her the spotlight, so to tell me I can't judge her based on those would be hypocrisy at best and "standard operating procedure in the poker world" at worst.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you should focus a bit more on poker rather than knocking someone way out of your league.

[/ QUOTE ]

When she gets attention and interviews because of her poker achievements instead of because of her gender, I'll stop focusing on her looks instead of her poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

The god-given truth from god's country. :-) I am smarter than her and my poker skills don't seem any worse, so I feel eminently entitled to discuss her looks, especially as she uses them to make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

She seems pretty smart to me. Over/under on her SAT score is 1480, over/under on the split is 780/700 . If you can beat that, hats of to ya'.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can, but the point is she trying to cash in on her looks, so they are definitely a legitimate topic. I don't care about her one way or the other - I just object to the "friend" trying to tell us what we can talk about.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think Vanessa would waste her time coming on here especially during the WSOP you are wrong. I can assure you I'm not her (the picture you see is me) - I have however played poker against her and have spent time with her outside of poker. Frankly - I don't give a damn what you talk about - I can just imagine what the majority of you look like, and its pretty pathetic for you to cut a woman (any woman) on her looks - imagine being on the other side hearing that about yourself, its hurtful and why would you want to do that to another human being? Then again - I'm sure the ones who do feel ugly themselves are the ones who cut up and objectify women.

I can assure you that you aren't smarter than her, and if she were to use her looks to make money - she's only able to do that because of men and all the power to her. So in my estimation 1) She's way better looking than you 2) She's smarter than you 3) She makes a HELL of a lot more money than you...
Old 06-16-2007, 11:50 AM

pokergrll shut your hole already. 1 post was enough. we understand she is your friend and you stick up for her but the way to speak of 2+2ers is pretty lame. i think she looks good but for a poker player..... on the beach here is san diego she would go unnoticed by even the drunkest slobs. so pokergrll, what do i look like? tell me since you already know. oh wait no one cares about you so in my estimation 1) go take a nap, 2) why the fk are you here anyways 3) why are woman so fing retarded, pretty sure vannesa would LOL at this thread but her little girl toy had to ruin it.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pokergrll shut your hole already. 1 post was enough. we understand she is your friend and you stick up for her but the way to speak of 2+2ers is pretty lame. i think she looks good but for a poker player..... on the beach here is san diego she would go unnoticed by even the drunkest slobs. so pokergrll, what do i look like? tell me since you already know. oh wait no one cares about you so in my estimation 1) go take a nap, 2) why the fk are you here anyways 3) why are woman so fing retarded, pretty sure vannesa would LOL at this thread but her little girl toy had to ruin it.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO - On tilt over your looks Squareview??? If I were you I'd worry a bit more about my grammar...
Old 06-16-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can assure you that you aren't smarter than her, and if she were to use her looks to make money - she's only able to do that because of men and all the power to her. So in my estimation 1) She's way better looking than you 2) She's smarter than you 3) She makes a HELL of a lot more money than you...

[/ QUOTE ]

1 and 3 are given. 2 is not necessarily true.

None of these three points are germane to the conversation.

Fact: your friend receives attention in the poker world solely for her looks. Her poker achievements would not distinguish her from the field in any wa.

Therefore, if her fame is brought to her solely because of her gender and her looks, I am justified in judging her by her looks. QED.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:38 PM

You are mostly correct however, when you generalize to squash points about the objectification of women you do yourself and your 'friend' a disservice. Of course most of these slobs are jealous but when a woman like her or even a Jennifer Tilly or Clonie Gowen puts themselves on a pedestal as being more than eye-candy, this is the type of reaction a large part of society has for them. Most of these same jealous types have the highest respect for Jennifer Harman -- someone who has proven herself. We can argue forever on whether Vanessa has proven herself but I think the general concensus is that she is above-average as a player but far from great. She has managed to use her limited success and looks to get into the position she holds in the poker world today.

The masses are OK with Vanessa but respect cannot be assumed because of her current track record, endorsement deals or visibility on TV. Respect will come when she at least equals the records of some of the fat middle aged men, and not-so attractive women that have zero visibility.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:50 PM

Real first name is Van.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WSOP website confirmed what many thought

VANESSA ROUSSO

"Vanessa Rousso talks about <font color="blue"> his </font> experience at the World Series of Poker"

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/mediac...p;txtQueryDate=

Nice operation

[/ QUOTE ]

a man id like to bang
Old 06-18-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think Vanessa would waste her time coming on here especially during the WSOP you are wrong. I can assure you I'm not her (the picture you see is me) - I have however played poker against her and have spent time with her outside of poker. Frankly - I don't give a damn what you talk about - I can just imagine what the majority of you look like, and its pretty pathetic for you to cut a woman (any woman) on her looks - imagine being on the other side hearing that about yourself, its hurtful and why would you want to do that to another human being? Then again - I'm sure the ones who do feel ugly themselves are the ones who cut up and objectify women.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I missed this shot at me over the weekend, otherwise I might have responded sooner, though matching wits with 20-something girls is akin to the proverbial shooting fish in a barrel.
For your friend's sake, I hope she is better looking than me - if she looked (anymore) like a 35+ year-old male I would indeed be concerned. Though I bet you'd come home with me. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I will not address how much money I make on here and only retards go to the "I make more than you" line. I am pretty sure she doesn't, but if she does - who really cares? I am a recreational player, so for her sake I hope she makes more than I. As to more intelligence - lol - if she has friends like you, she can't be that smart can she? Ok, that's enough - {insert the Donald on fatso putdown here}.