[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Its very simple. Ron Paul is a statist. Steven is claiming that the radical libertarians on this board who like him are hypocrites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm... yeah... Still don't get it. How is liking someone who's 70% right over someone who's 0% right hypocritical?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you not seen the "lesser of two evils is still evil" or "all statists are the same" type posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Moreover, when it comes down to Rudy v. Hillary or some similar type matchup and its clear that Ron Paul has no chance of winning, will the ACists throw their support to the candidate who is 13% right over the candidate who is 11% right? I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No because the country as it is is 30% right, so you're voting for someone who wants to make things worse either way. Ron Paul at 70% is going to make things better. I would support pretty much anyone who was above that 30% mark that had a decent chance of winning. Other than Ron Paul though, no candidate is over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

But by November 2008 we will likely know that one of those two candidates has 99.999999999% chance of winning. And if one of them is going to screw up the country less than the other, why not support the lesser of two evils?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should probably try reading and understanding what you're responding to before you respond to it.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Ron Paul is Evil

[ QUOTE ]
No. I made the account because I support Ron Paul being in the media saying things that nobody else in the media will say.

[/ QUOTE ]
Admit it, you did it as part of a role playing game with the wife [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But by November 2008 we will likely know that one of those two candidates has 99.999999999% chance of winning. And if one of them is going to screw up the country less than the other, why not support the lesser of two evils?

[/ QUOTE ]
Personally because it sickens me. The two canidates that will most likely be in the election are just whores for different rich elitists. With Ron Paul you know that's not the case. He gives us hope.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Its very simple. Ron Paul is a statist. Steven is claiming that the radical libertarians on this board who like him are hypocrites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm... yeah... Still don't get it. How is liking someone who's 70% right over someone who's 0% right hypocritical?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you not seen the "lesser of two evils is still evil" or "all statists are the same" type posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Those posts are from individuals, not the group as a whole. I know I never make those posts, yet you're lumping me in with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

And on the flipside, I *have* made those types of posts, but haven't professed any support for Dr. Ron. I've even specifically said I won't vote for him. But I'm lumped in there, too. He's burning the candle at both ends and [censored] them both up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. SB has taken things said by the anti-voting ACists who will not be voting for Ron Paul and things from the pro-voting ACists who will be voting for Ron Paul and is trying to make like these things are being said by the same people. Well, they aren't. This whole thread is one big straw man.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...He gives us hope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then vote for him, watch him lose, and then watch other people take notice of how many votes he got.

That, or pout in your room that government is evil and everyone else is uninformed. Whatever grabs you.

This whole thing is a silly debate. Is someone a bad ACist if they vote for Paul? Who gives a [censored], not voting solves nothing. Lots of people don't vote, and no one says "maybe they don't like government" instead, general apathy is blamed. By not voting you do nothing, no one will mention your cause, and Ron Paul will fade into a historical footnote. By voting for him, you at least make sure that in that footnote it says "a growing number of people agreed and what was once radical seems more acceptable."

Or again, there's always sitting and pouting.

Make no mistake, what goes on on this forum (including my little speech) makes .0000001% of difference in the real world. So at the end of the day, the 50 of you struggling with this "Am I a good ACist if I vote" dilemma are best served by picking whatever makes you happy.

Cody
Old 06-12-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking for myself, I have repeatedly said that I will not actually be voting for Paul, as I think voting is a) immoral, and b) a pointless waste of time. However, I fully support Ron Paul being all over the old media saying things that would not otherwise be said in the old media.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I mentioned in the previous thread, this is pretty much how I feel as well. I won't be voting for Ron Paul, but I like the fact that his ideas about the free market and the out of control nanny-state government are hitting the mainstream media.

I see nothing hypocritical in encouraging people who are GOING TO VOTE NO MATTER WHAT (lol)...to vote for the guy who is minimal violence and coercian BY A LANDSLIDE.

And on the other hand, I can understand the "self-defense vote" argument that AlexM brought up.

All in all, this entire OP is a strawman. Will-be Ron Paul voters have never taken issues with the evils of voting and people who say voting is immoral or a waste of time have not expressed interest in actually casting a vote for Ron Paul.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly. SB has taken things said by the anti-voting ACists who will not be voting for Ron Paul and things from the pro-voting ACists who will be voting for Ron Paul and is trying to make like these things are being said by the same people. Well, they aren't. This whole thread is one big straw man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, what I just posted at the same time. It's clearly obvious to anyone who is even remotely intellectually honest. Let's just call it a thread and move onto the next AC strawman special ok guys?
Old 06-12-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This whole thing is a silly attack.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

There's no debate in this thread, just some people attacking ACists. There are a few people around here who will attack ACists with any ridiculousness they can make up, and that's what this thread is.

My question is whose gimmick account is Bickford? Iron's? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no debate in this thread, just some people attacking ACists. There are a few people around here who will attack ACists with any ridiculousness they can make up, and that's what this thread is.

[/ QUOTE ]

And ACists do the same thing. Threads pop up all the time that are jabs at either side from the other. Equally silly

That said, yeah this thread seems like it's another "bash ACists for nothing" thread, not particularly useful.

Cody
Old 06-12-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And ACists do the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Nielso is just one person. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]