Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Different Cultures(long)

The fact is they are made by people who tends to be quite anti American, so its not a surprise.
I stopped watching them long ago, but because they were just unfunny (no more originality).

This is what we are speaking about :

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1yt4_we-[censored]-the-world
Old 06-11-2007, 12:36 PM

haha well, the one im referring too is the where-abouts of laden, mollah omar and some other guy, that one was one of the better ones.

Then there is this sketch of Dieudonné about flight courses for islamists integrists about landing vertically on the twin towers, a whole audience is laughing to this sketch
Old 06-11-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
haha well, the one im referring too is the where-abouts of laden, mollah omar and some other guy, that one was one of the better ones.

Then there is this sketch of Dieudonné about flight courses for islamists integrists about landing vertically on the twin towers, a whole audience is laughing to this sketch

[/ QUOTE ]

Because its good to laugh on the behalf of those **** !
Old 06-11-2007, 12:49 PM

hey john, great post. i have a question.

why do swedish girls hate russian guys?

the reason i ask is because there are a lot of Swedish girls in DR and many of them are hot, so im considering SIIHP. thank you.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:08 PM

Unbluffable: i have no idea, never actually been thinking of that.
It might be that russia never had any great reputation in Scandinavia, after the era of URSS and Finland's more or less occupation. But thats just a wild guess.
Swedish girls like southern european types, charming french or italian types ( suits me for sure)

But again, i dont know, only assumptions
Old 06-11-2007, 01:18 PM

thats cool, i guess ill just have to charm their pants off

you travel so much, how come you haven't made it out to the western hemisphere? its a completely different world, and outside of america women are simply amazing
Old 06-11-2007, 01:40 PM

I dont really know, Im in love with the country of Oman and and the UAE so when i travel i travel to the middle east, and well right now im studying and have less ressources to travel.

Ive been in the DR tho, as a tourist...
Old 06-11-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Cultural Differences re: morality/sex/etc (semi-NSFW topics)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
very interesting thread topic. you should alert the "ask degen about thialand" people. sex in thailand is very different, one of the things i thought that was strangest was how there wasn't really a dividing line between prostitues and non prostitutes. i dont understand what they're thinking and hopefully others can explain that but it seems like the opposite of italy where if you have money pretty much everyone is game. maybe not explicit pay for sex but take them out to dinner and take care of them. thai girls also disliked thai guys, maybe it's only about the money but when i asked they said... farangs were more handsome, that thai men are irresponsible and selfish, stuff like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll illustrate this point with a story from Laos which has a lot of cultural overlap with Thailand. As pointed out, the line between whores and sloots isn't always so clear-cut.

Last Friday I go to the main expat bar in Vientiane (Bor Pen Nyang) in the early evening. The place is fairly crowded and I sit at the bar and order a beer. Almost immediately a group of 4 cute Lao girls and another white guy wave me over to their table. My guard goes up because, let's face it, nice Asian girls don't approach strangers in bars and clubs and I'm not really in the mood for pay-for-play. But hell, I didn't come to the bar to sit by myself in the corner so I go to the table and sit down. The guy turns out to be another American here on a visa run and I BS with him and the girls for a while. One girl, we'll call her Nok, seems to take particular interest in me. Eventually the bar closes and decide to go to a club.

We get to the club and the girls are grinding on me, grabbing my [censored], etc. It's great. We stay for a while, drink a bunch of beers, and generally have a good time. The topic of money never comes up. Eventually this club closes and the other American and I split the tab which comes out to maybe $10. He and his girl decide to go back to his place while Nok, the other girls, and I head to yet another club open a bit later. Nok and I head to a dark corner and make out. We're both pretty hammered by this time and we take a taxi to my hotel. When we get to my room Nok gets sick and passes out in my bed.

The next morning she's obviously hung over but asks if I want to see her again that night. I say sure and she lends me a Lao sim card for my phone. She calls me later in the day, we meet up at night and essentially repeat the previous night's adventures. She has a "boyfriend" in the US who calls her and she's all over me and trying not to laugh as she's telling him how much she misses and loves him. This is the ultimate goal for many of these girls: find a foreign man to fall for them and send money every month. I let her know I'm not one of these [censored] and she tells me she's already figured that out and that's not why she's with me. We go to my hotel room and things proceed normally. She gets up fairly early and leaves.

Next night essentially the same thing. In the morning she starts demanding I pay her money. WTF? This is a pretty odd time to bring this up. She starts getting kind of crazy and threatens to call the police. I'm 99% sure she's joking, but it's illegal to sleep with a Lao woman who isn't your wife and this carries a $500 penalty. If I actually had money I would have given it to her just to get her to go away, but I have only a few dollars in cash and my one debit card that works isn't loaded with cash. She demands something as collateral. I don't want to give her something too valuable because she could just sell it for more than whatever her going rate is. This rules out my ipod, digital camera, etc. I remember I have my US phone with me that won't work anywhere else. It was top of the line when I bought it a year and a half ago (can get streaming video, etc) but is completely useless to me now because I canceled my plan and switched the number over to Vonage. Still, it's probably worth maybe $100. I give it to her and she seems satisfied.

I'm contemplating just letting her have it since there's probably a 1% chance I'll ever use it again. She calls me up two days later and jokingly tells me she sold it, called all my friends and told them I was dead, etc. I'm noncommittal about when I'll see her to give her some cash.

She calls me the next day and ask if I'm going out that night. I tell her I don't know and she informs me she can't go out that night (?!). Yesterday she calls me and asks if I want to go out.
"I'll go out but I can't pay you."
"That's ok, I just want to see you."
"Seriously, I'm not going to give you any money. I only have like $9 and can't get any more money tonight."
"I don't care."

So we go out, do the usual club thing, make out, but she says she can't go to my room with me because she absolutely has get home and get up early today. My BS detector is usually pretty acute and she seems genuine about this. We share a cab and she pays for it. I assume I'll see her tonight and I'm going to Bangkok on Tuesday so this is obviously not a longterm thing. So right now I have no idea what to think.

Cliff's notes: Lao women are [censored] crazy

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] nice story.