Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Farha VS. Srugby

Id say aba has to be +ev in both matches, after his downswing he made a goal to play 20k hands of plo at 20k and below and he played a lot of hu against thumper and other on stars, he only did I think like 15k hands in a month or so but gaining that experience that quickly and studying the game through pt after the matches has to gime him a huge egde, where as live u dont really review as many hands
Old 06-05-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Id say aba has to be +ev in both matches, after his downswing he made a goal to play 20k hands of plo at 20k and below and he played a lot of hu against jumper and other on stars, he only did I think like 15k hands in a month or so but gaining that experience that quickly and studying the game through pt after the matches has to gime him a huge egde, where as live u dont really review as many hands

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-05-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Greenstein is very honest on his blog (about other players, some good, some bad) and if he says that they won't play Farha in just PLO but only with other games you have to assume he is rated quite highly.

[/ QUOTE ]

offcourse they say the lagfish is good so he keeps playing with them, and the other pro´s arent that great as people seem to think, i think aba is +ev in any game vs farha [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2007, 09:01 PM

It's pretty sad that when I click on a link I'm actually shocked when I'm NOT RickRoll'd.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Id say aba has to be +ev in both matches, after his downswing he made a goal to play 20k hands of plo at 20k and below and he played a lot of hu against thumper and other on stars, he only did I think like 15k hands in a month or so but gaining that experience that quickly and studying the game through pt after the matches has to gime him a huge egde, where as live u dont really review as many hands

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of Sammys game is his verbal though- his live edge it seems isnt as much OMG live read but tilting opponent with chat
That being said as long as aba keeps his head screwed on his is way +EVee
Old 06-05-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Farha VS. Sbrugby

Someone needs to throw a rope around Brians neck and drag him away from that table.

Sammy's edge is much larger in PLO than Brian's edge in NLHE.

The problem with this situation for Brian is that it's probably a challenge and a sick rush, but he's also in a position where he could lose a lot, and not win near as much.

I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped seven figures in this game.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:06 PM

lol at everyone trying to figure out who is +EV when this entire thing is just a huge crapshoot. lol 40 hands per hr
Old 06-05-2007, 09:07 PM

I won't bother talking about raw skill at the games because I'm awful at maxbet holdem and PLO and even if I was a winning player at a normal level I would not bother myself with thinking about edges in a 500/1k HU game. I will say that aba stands to win a lot more when Sammy is losing than Sammy would win when aba is losing.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Because sammy is an awful Holdem player?

[/ QUOTE ]"awful" or just decent? I don't think the money aba wins from NLHE will be greater than the money Sammy takes in PLO, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you act like you know what you're talking about? If you don't know that Sammy is awful at NLHE, then your opinion is worth less than nothing.

I doubt you know anything about his PLO game. I doubt anyone in this thread saying Farha has a big edge in PLO has anything more than hearsay to justify their opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hearsay that farha is good at PLO is no different than you saying he is horrible at NLHE, where you get your infr, yeah from TV and hearsay LOL STFU
Old 06-05-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone needs to throw a rope around Brians neck and drag him away from that table.

Sammy's edge is much larger in PLO than Brian's edge in NLHE.

The problem with this situation for Brian is that it's probably a challenge and a sick rush, but he's also in a position where he could lose a lot, and not win near as much.

I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped seven figures in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
lol