Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Why do people on the internet (2p2) hate me?

[ QUOTE ]
I like your avatar..

[/ QUOTE ]

I 2nd that. I don't real care if your nice or not, but I'm sure I hate your boyfriend, if thoughs are you photos.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:03 PM

I think it is the messenger and not the messages here. You are one ugly human being. I am speaking aesthetically here. I hate to say that, but damn.

You have nappiest hair and largest upturned nostrils anyone has ever seen. And that forehead of yours, don't know if it is your unusually large head or your receding hairline (at age 19 or 20) that makes it look so big. Your comb-forward-do isn't just to hide pimples obviously.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:51 PM

i don't have a real opinion on you and haven't read any of your BBV posts since some night where you got drunk and lost a lot of money, but most attention whores on this site seem to try and become well-liked by the words they say, but the problem is, a lot of 2+2ers are savvy enough to see through the words on the screen and detect the douchebag intentions behind them.

that is why it is much better to do mspaints if you are an attention seeking whore
Old 06-05-2007, 05:51 PM

Because you run a website that documents the lifestyle of a group of well-to-do poker players, the "Ship It Holla Ballas." I think it's hilarious, but it really isn't hard to see why people hate you/think you're a tool box.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:59 PM

you fat [censored]
Old 06-05-2007, 07:16 PM

Lol, this is really the most stupid post I have ever read on any poker forum. Unless you are socially retarded (seriously) you must relise that you have effectively answer your own question. Being rude, boastful, obnoxious, etc, arent generally friendly character traits.
One thing I picked up on that sounds particularly stupid is, "I routinely respond to strategy posts with a short/sarcastic berating reply. I do this because I think of the idea abstractly and not attached to a person" Curious but how can you be sarcastic towards an abstract idea?
I think you must be a joke, and if this is just for a laugh then I applaud you, as many people (including me have responded to it). I hope its a joke, for your own sake...
Old 06-05-2007, 07:27 PM

good2cu, the answer to your question, to the extent there is one, can be found in the question itself. The idea that anyone sensible would care enough about you to hate you is pretty laughable, and the fact you don't see that says a lot about you.

Sorry, but you're a sideshow at best, amusing and irritating in probably about equal measure to most of this little 'community'. The fact that you think you're important enough for anyone to bother actually hating goes a long way to explaining why many people do in fact dislike you. No offense.

I did enjoy your 'what it do bbv' flipping debacle post enough that I'll always have a soft spot for you though. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-the whole shipithollaballas theme is VERY toolish
Old 06-05-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-the whole shipithollaballas theme is VERY toolish

[/ QUOTE ]
i thought that was some sort of joke, it cant be serious can it?
Old 06-05-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is long . . . but i think it's worth reading.

i kind of know who you are, but not really. any, i have not formed an opinion of you and so i think i can offer an unbiased reply to your points.

1) regardless of whether you view ideas abstractly, when you make unnecessarily harsh criticisms about an idea the original poster is likely to get offended. obv no one likes an [censored], whether in real life or on the internet. however it bothers me a lot when people do this sort of thing over the internet, b/c they are often emboldened by their anonymity (maybe this is just me, do others agree?). if we were all sitting in a room together, people would be a little more amicable.

2)if you brag a lot, then you deserved to be called a dbag. enjoy yourself but why do you need to flaunt it. you spoke of other people's insecurities-- if you feel the need to flaunt your wealth/success, then it's sounds like you are the one who is insecure.

3)people don't need to be insecure or jealous to dislike you. your statements in point 1 and 2 are enough to make people think you are a jerk.

4) don't know.

5) its annoying to read posts that have bad spelling/grammar b/c they take a little longer to read. i don't think this is a big deal, but it is an inconvenience. i doubt this is a big deal, but it may just be one more reason for people to dislike you

6) like i said b/f, i think people are more likely to act like jerks and dbags online b/c they are somewhat untouchable. do you really conduct yourself in the same manner in real life and on the forums? even if you do berate your friends/make sarcastic remarks, they are your friends and are comfortable with that. you have established a level of familiarity with them that allows you to do that (and it's also easier to tell when someone is kidding during a face to face conversation). when you do this online, you usually just piss off people who don't know you. even if it is in good spirit, your rep seems to precede you, so you should lay off if you really don't want to piss people off.

"Is the fact I am such a controversial poster/internet celebrity a good or bad thing? What are the possible pros and cons. Is it worthwhile remaking my 2p2 image?"

you can't say something like this and question why there are people who don't like you, regardless of the statement's veracity. people tend to dislike arrogant people and even though it seems like you tried to not to sound too arrogant in your original post, you do. whether it's "good or bad" depends on how you feel about having a polarizing effect. if you don't care that some people dislike/hate you, then it doesn't matter. however, it seems like you do, otherwise you wouldn't have posted this, so i don't see how it can benefit you to have a controversial image.

in real life being controversial is probably worse. i said earlier that it bothers me when people are dbags online, but it bothers me just as much when they are dbags in real life. there is something to be said for having the fortitude to say what you think, but there is also something to be said for exercising tact. even if the remarks you make wouldn't make you mad if said to you, recognize that they can/will make some people angry.

it only helps to be controversial if you have a career that thrives on publicity and ticket sales and/or if you are trying to make a name for yourself at any cost. otherwise you are going out of your way to get people to hate you. it's not impossible to have an extreme personality and succeed in the corporate world, but it would be difficult.

edit: after seeing your posts on "ship it holla ballas" idk how can you honestly call yourself humble (unless that entire site is a big inside joke).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for some real advice, why I posted it here instead of BBV. Guildwolf kind of ruined it though. I don't care much about my image here just the psycology behind what shaped it. It's funny to see all the assocations people have behind me as soon as make a post.

Also I thought it was kind of ovbious when I was joking when I said I was humble after I was a profolic poster. Guess no one got it. Maybe everyone hates me becasue they don't get my humor.

I'm off to the caribean for a week with a beautiful woman. peace.

P.S... I learned is that most of you are jealous, insecure, losers. MWHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (JUST KIDDING OK????????????????????)