Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Patrick Antonius interview!!

I see Barry's website has music on every page.

If he was to change the song on Patrik Antonius's page to Rick Astley 'Never Going to Give You Up', in all seriousness I am sure there are 2+2ers who would make a donation to his charity.

Not me, I'm busto. But perhaps you, reader?
Old 05-28-2007, 06:25 PM

how did you guys miss this:

Title: Superman
Artist: Five for Fighting
Year: 2006

Reason for this song choice
Stories about Patrik’s superhuman poker ability lead one to believe he is from another planet.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:30 PM

" Tuan took his share in cash, since he didn’t have a bank account. He bought a duffle bag at the gift shop and then took a limo to New York with his friends, so he could catch the next flight out. Hasan stayed in New York, but Thor Hansen and Nam Le accompanied Tuan to JFK airport. When they went through security, Tuan was asked what was in the bag. He told them he had over $1 million in cash. They laughed at the obvious joke, but stopped laughing when the bag was opened."

Old 05-28-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This website has been created for readers of my book, Ace on the River. I view my book as the beginning of a dialogue, and I want to be accessible to answer follow-up questions

[/ QUOTE ]

We love you barry but cmon now...

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you guys were all aware of my book by now, whether you read it or not, but point well taken.

What I meant is I don't get paid by outside advertisers, even though I get continual offers for banner ads or payment for links to other sites.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

wow barry your beard is pretty intense in that picture on your site.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
" Tuan took his share in cash, since he didn’t have a bank account. He bought a duffle bag at the gift shop and then took a limo to New York with his friends, so he could catch the next flight out. Hasan stayed in New York, but Thor Hansen and Nam Le accompanied Tuan to JFK airport. When they went through security, Tuan was asked what was in the bag. He told them he had over $1 million in cash. They laughed at the obvious joke, but stopped laughing when the bag was opened."

[/ QUOTE ]

What's this from? Story from 2005 foxwoods I am assuming...
Old 05-28-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is not actual spam, since I don't make money off my site.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
This website has been created for readers of my book, Ace on the River. I view my book as the beginning of a dialogue, and I want to be accessible to answer follow-up questions

[/ QUOTE ]

We love you barry but cmon now...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you c'mon - we all know Barry is a great guy who gives his tournament winnings to charity, and we're grateful for him posting here. So the least we can all do is click the link to his website!

http://barrygreenstein.com

[/ QUOTE ]

As annoying and played out as the whole Rick Rolling thing has become this one was actually pretty good.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought you guys were all aware of my book by now, whether you read it or not, but point well taken.

What I meant is I don't get paid by outside advertisers, even though I get continual offers for banner ads or payment for links to other sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
A man who keeps givin' Im pretty sure if you didnt mention the word spam in your post nobody else would have

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Barry if you hadnt indicated that your site did'nt make you money when much of it is dedicated to selling your book I wouldnt raise an eyebrow. As it is its a freindly rebuke and I like and appreciate Barry's site and his contribution to the poker world.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And, of course, I lost a lot of money producing my book because of the high quality and the low price, so I don't look at it as a business venture.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I find this to be an intruiging remark and am interested in hearing your motivations for writing and publishing your book if indeed profiting was not among them.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As annoying and played out as the whole Rick Rolling thing has become this one was actually pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

This actually went over my head and I had to google:

Rick Roll'd or "Rick Rolling" is an internet spam trick in which people post a link to a Rick Astley video on Youtube, but say the viewers of the video are being led to another video, usually proof of unconfirmed gaming news or trailers.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For all you Patrik fans, I want you to know that I put up Patrik's profile on my site (barrygreenstein.com) a few days ago. (Tuan Le is new also.) This is not actual spam, since I don't make money off my site.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if you care or not, but a lot of the recent profiles you've added have the wrong name in the HTML "title" tag. (Most of them, e.g. Patrik's, say "Bobby Baldwin").