Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 07:05 AM

Default Re: Bankroll for Shortstack Play

What stakes, etc? I'm never really interested in playing against winning players, and I certainly won't do so in fear that someone will call me a pussie on the internet. But, I will play a game with you guys for a little while, just for the experience of playing some decent players..

The fact of the matter still remains, that short stacking is a gutless way to play omaha. That's just the truth. I don't have a problem with shortstackers as people, I don't think they're the scum of the earth. I certainly respect the fact that they choose to play poker a way that it is profitable for them, and, if it were more profitable/enjoyable for me to play that way, I would do it. Even if I did play that way though, I would definitely be willing to admit that I chose to play that way because of some sort of inferiority in skill, whether it be ballz, or some other poker skill. If someone called me out on it, I'd just say "you're right, but the money I earn and you earn can still be spent the same way". Its no different than choosing to playing smaller stakes. I recognize that I am not as good as the players that play bigger. I also wouldn't go on a site asking for bankroll advice about shortstacking, when I know the general concensus is that shortstackers ruin some of the fun.

I remember there was a stud site that didn't have a minimum buy in. This meant that players could buy in for the value of one ante and never have to play. This is an EXTREMELY profitable way to play poker, but I don't think anyone could argue that it is skillful.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, trolls post makes it a PIA to read this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
I wish I did this on purpose when it was just a shortstacker love convention.

Now that it is a good thread with trashtalk, I'm annoyed too!
Old 05-27-2007, 09:08 AM

I'll play any stack size, any site (barring FTP), and any limits up to $3/6.

And I don't care about playing against winning players, coz I'm better than you, and as such you become losing players.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, trolls post makes it a PIA to read this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
I wish I did this on purpose when it was just a shortstacker love convention.

Now that it is a good thread with trashtalk, I'm annoyed too!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, funny have to admit, but you're still a cnut though [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway Southerdog I can't be arsed making a long reply, except good to see you haven't made your normal one line pointless ripostes.

UB might be the best site for it by the sound of things as FT and PS are out and since Team Mouth are all american, it's about the only other option. Anything up to $3-$6 is fine by me also. I guess to keep everyone happy if it's going to be a 6 man game we can have it at $1-$2.

All you regular 2+ 2 Omaha wiz's will probably kick my Hold Em player a$$ I'm sure anyway, but I'm sure Wazz and Jomatty will do the biz for Team Pussy [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

What more can I say but big it up for The Pussies.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:14 AM

1.2 is high stakes for me. I wouldn't be interested in playing above .5/1.

Short stacking is for tough guys, right?
Old 05-27-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1.2 is high stakes for me. I wouldn't be interested in playing above .5/1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks ever more likely that this is going to have to be a series of heads up matches then at levels people are comfortable with. Full-Tilt suits me best for heads-up.

I'm not so angry anymore btw, just looking forward to these matches as a good laugh. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Since this thread is officialy PIA due to troll_inc's bitmap, I'm going to start a new thread.