Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: No Subtitle for Professional No-Limit Hold \'em

Seems like the Q is a flop - just something I was toying with. I'm fine with the king and am definitely sold on the most recent red/blue colors, so that's really half the project for my submission.

I'll take care of the title placement and authors names tomorrow. I'm not even sure yet about the font (Fusi), it looks okay for the authors names, maybe not so much for the title. THere's a lot more option now that the subtitle is gone.

I should have my submission done by Sunday, then I guess I'll take a shot at Colin's cover if I feel up to it.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:08 AM

Default New Submission

Here's my submission for the No Limit book (with spine).

Going for a classy look (as per some of the comments). If the subtitle comes back into play, it actually looks okay and not too busy with my design.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:36 AM

Default Re: New Submission

Looks good, but your dimensions are off - you're an inch too narrow. The cover is supposed to be 5.5" by itself - you have the cover AND spine together adding up to 5.5" (they should be 6.5" total if spine is exactly an inch).
Old 05-17-2007, 05:39 AM

Thought it looked a little funny. Luckily it was an easy fix, thanks!
Old 05-17-2007, 06:22 AM

Hi Everyone:

This always comes up but in the world "hold 'em" there is a space before the apostrophe. That's because it is actually a shortened version of two words: "hold" and "them."

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 05-17-2007, 06:29 AM

Actually I think the reason the king works, but not the queen is their facial expressions.

The king is friendly and warm at heart (no pun intended) ... while the queen looks unhappy.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:23 AM

I was really joking about putting a queen on, but I think it looks kinda cool.

Actually I love the idea of using the different kings for the different volumes. If it's not too hard, can we see what that looks like?
Old 05-17-2007, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was really joking about putting a queen on, but I think it looks kinda cool.

Actually I love the idea of using the different kings for the different volumes. If it's not too hard, can we see what that looks like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah just for the fun of it, if you have the time and think it is fun, I'd love to see four volumes with the colors and kings of each suit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2007, 07:37 AM

It might be cool for your different versions if you colored one of the suits (like make the heart blue on the red cover) and put the Volume # beside it. Then the next one would be a different color with "Volume 2" beside it for volume 2. (Or put the number IN the suit). Looks good though!
Old 05-17-2007, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah just for the fun of it, if you have the time and think it is fun, I'd love to see four volumes with the colors and kings of each suit

[/ QUOTE ]

That's actually a little problematic... there are only two kings oriented the same way: Kh and Kc. Kd is in profile and Ks is facing the other way (I could flip it, but that would bug me). PLus 4 volumes... that's really up to the authors anyway

[ QUOTE ]
It might be cool for your different versions if you colored one of the suits (like make the heart blue on the red cover) and put the Volume # beside it. Then the next one would be a different color with "Volume 2" beside it for volume 2. (Or put the number IN the suit). Looks good though!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, I toyed with that a bit and I'm not settled on what to do with the "Volume 1", or really the placement of any text of the cover. There's probably going to be some rearranging before I'm through.
Closed Thread