Default Re: I bluff with a made hand, just like in high stakes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pot is 25.5
You need to call 8.
You get 1 to 3,2.

Does it look like someone who doesnt want to get drawn out? We are talking about a connected monotone board here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't get the flop either, and for that reason I don't see the point in bluffing. Either he wants you to call on the flop, or he made a pretty big mistake with his betsizing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop cr doesnt "make sense" no matter what you think villain has, whether it is a bluff, set, TP or flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain. Provided I am in the villains shoes and hero is somewhat solid, how do you propose I play:

1) a set;
2) AJh+;
3) made flush.

Disregarding the ch/r sizing and provided that I am bad enough to call a 3bet OOP with AKh or 6h7h type of hand. But I am sure a lot of villains at this level are.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sizing of villains bet is what made me suspicious. But if I was villain I would probably c/c with all these hands, because I knew hero was aggressive and a cr might shut him down. I might donk sometimes as well, hoping to get raised.

FWIW I see that calling villains cr on the flop here is problematic, I went with my gut and it looks like I got lucky with the 4th heart. The reason I think bluffing on the turn is good is because villains line looks very weak. CR flop small, then check turn when the scare card falls? He is begging me to take it away. Note that I didnt have a plan to bluff the turn after calling his cr.

If you dont agree that his line looks weak, and that I have a good chance of taking it down on the turn, we will just have to agree to disagree.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:42 AM

Renaissance,

You're making the fatal mistake of analyzing his hand from your perspective.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And yes, I totally agree that 3betting a UTG raiser with AJ type of hand is bad. You certainly want a PP or SC here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Why turn a mid PP into a bluff and create a huge pot with those? AJ will flop a playable hand more often, and you have the initiative against his AK/AQ or smaller pairs when overcards come. And SCs are so over-rated imo, esp in reraised pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, the 1st time someone tells the truth about SCs in this entire 6 max forum!
Old 05-12-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think checking this flop is best though, especially if you will face a close decision when he c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isura, would you bet the flop with AK here? Because apart from the possibility of domination, this seems similar to situation 3 here.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think checking this flop is best though, especially if you will face a close decision when he c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isura, would you bet the flop with AK here? Because apart from the possibility of domination, this seems similar to situation 3 here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That one is when you're out of position.

I would either bet/fold or check AJ or AK without a heart.