Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: OT - Today, I am no longer a pro

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Les, GL man, I'm rooting for ya. Sounds like you are on your way to getting life back on track. I hope things work out for the best and don't be a stranger to STTF just bc you're getting a job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, wiggs. I def won't be a stranger. I have no intentions of "quitting" poker. I played quite alot during my last job, and I figure I will still get over 20 hrs in a week now. Once the bankroll increases a little, I may even mix in some sngs again every once in awhile for a change of pace.

Thanks,
Les

[/ QUOTE ]

you will never quit poker...its impossible [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or quit posting on 2p2 after you vowed to 68542835486 times.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Les, GL man, I'm rooting for ya. Sounds like you are on your way to getting life back on track. I hope things work out for the best and don't be a stranger to STTF just bc you're getting a job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, wiggs. I def won't be a stranger. I have no intentions of "quitting" poker. I played quite alot during my last job, and I figure I will still get over 20 hrs in a week now. Once the bankroll increases a little, I may even mix in some sngs again every once in awhile for a change of pace.

Thanks,
Les

[/ QUOTE ]

you will never quit poker...its impossible [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or quit posting on 2p2 after you vowed to 68542835486 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

so so true [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2007, 05:08 PM

Les,

Great post. It is so hard to compose a thread like this, but you must imagine how helpful it is for so many members of the forum to read. I already had a high opinion of you, and this further enhances that opinion.

I really hope to meet you IRL someday soon.

Irieguy

PS- Don't believe the rumors in this thread... I don't have any kids.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Les,

I think i have posted in this forum maaaaaybe twice. hell, i actually have a gimmick account to post strat and use this one just for fun.
That being said, I can tell you almost for a fact that you will now become happier than you have ever been. I played poker for a living for over 3 years. i started out in sngs and moved to limit hold 'em ring games playing from 5/10-30/60 (depending where my roll was, always playing whatever i had to to keep myself in the action and be able to pay my bills)
well I accepted a job offer for about $40k a year. about 60% of what i've made the last 3 years playing poker. ever since taking the job, i have played better, felt better, and for some reason ran better (which i know has nothing to do with anything) than i ever have.
i know you said you never had "i hate poker" thoughts or whatever, but i promise you eventually would have. with you admitting your problems and thoughts about your kids, you are already more of a man than a lot people with 6 figure rolls and nice cars will ever hope to be. you did what you had to do to take care of the people you love and NOTHING is more important than that.
just imagine having all your bills paid, paying off your backers and keeping all the money you want in your bankroll. let me tell you....it's a wonderful feeling. you'll be able to buy your kids better christmas presents than you ever have, take them places you haven't before and play poker (almost) stress free.
much congratulations to you, and even though you don't know me, i just wanted to tell you that i am very proud of what you've written and done.

good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

That was an incredible and very thougtful reply from someone that I have had absolutely NO contact with over the last two and a half years of being around here. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I am very excited about the my future both from a family perspective as well as a fiancial perspective. Great days are ahead!

Thanks again,

Les
Old 05-02-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck Les. Thanks for the times you PM'ed me when you saw me make a retarded push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very funny. I think I only did that once or twice. What are you playing these days and how is it going?

Les
Old 05-02-2007, 08:00 PM

lesJ,

I really have no idea why we never really talked but through your body of posts I think you're gonna be just fine and any decision that involves not having poker be your only source of income is a good one IMO.

Yugoslav
Old 05-02-2007, 08:03 PM

Les- sorry that poker didnt work out for you (full time anyway). Glad to hear you're happy with your decision thus far, and i hope things continue to go well. Dont be a stranger on AIM and gl with everything from here on out.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:05 PM

If I had a family I would not consider playing poker as my source of income. You made the right choice, gl in the future.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Les,

Great post. It is so hard to compose a thread like this, but you must imagine how helpful it is for so many members of the forum to read. I already had a high opinion of you, and this further enhances that opinion.

I really hope to meet you IRL someday soon.

Irieguy

PS- Don't believe the rumors in this thread... I don't have any kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't? I thought you had twins or something???
sorry, my bad...
Old 05-02-2007, 11:19 PM

It's inyaface that has the twins.