Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Controversy at the Playboy mansion

[ QUOTE ]
So the reason all of this had to come out the next day is because there was no time at all to argue, reason or freak out. Several others were doing it on his behalf during the final hands but to no avail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I see.

Well then, that's just straight jacked up.

I feel bad for Terrence. I would be furious, charity or no charity. You're there out of your own goodwill (and cash), yet they repay it with pretty blatant unfairness and lack of organization.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

Tuco and Punker told me about this 2+2 thread, so I thought I'd post here that there is a short (well kinda, as you figured out brevity is not my strong suit) update on my blog now.

http://terrencechan.livejournal.com/163883.html

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how the actual conversation went, but when the organizer said you had a "chance" to win the tournament, that's BS, in my book. The chance you had to win was extremely small. You'd have to have Shannon or Steve play a pot with you (God forbid against each other). And why would they with 3-4 hands to go?

Complete nonsense. There was a "chance" you could've slept with a Playmate that night too, but I don't think that's comparable to anything realistic.

Argh. Hate to think there are shady things like this going on in supposed "organized poker".

Hope you get that seat.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SE is now chip leader and tells SD several times not to play another hand. First out loud, then she mouthed the words while looking at him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would seriously lose it if i was at the table witnessing this, much less playing against someone doing that right in front of me. like, absolutely lose it.

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading Chans blog my thoughts are as such;

are charity events so lax that TC couldn't just have the dealer call for the floor/TD and have a ruling made on this?

I mean the dealer must have heard the same thing, the TD could have just ascertained from the dealer if that was in fact said, it seems Shannon would have been penalized in a real event for 20 mins. at least

I know from the description it sounds like a chaotic free for all and that might have made it difficult to speak up, but it just seems a little odd Chan just sits there quietly while his two opponents openly collude against him, and instead opts to fire off a blog and then try to plead his case the next day after the prizes have been awarded? Chan never said anything while at the mansion? Surely anyone here would have called for a ruling almost immediately right? I can understand his plight, but I'm not sure he helped his fight much by his course of actions. [Mind you, I've had all day to think about - while Chan was under multiple pressures of being the short stack, having the TD tell you the event will end after the current round, chaotic party atmosphere etc.

I read Chan's blog and it bears no mention of whether he brought up any of this during the actual tourney, which it seems he had plenty of time to do during the TD's frequent visits to adjust the structure. Also If I had been in the crowd and seen this I would have pulled the TD aside if I could, and told him privately what I had witnessed.

just my rambling thoughts, and I hope TC gets some type of adjustment. seems, as played enjoy the US open. But I do hope someone steps in and awards you a seat, Dannemann seems like such an upstanding guy that if he got wind of all this he would swap Chan for the Open package - he golfs from what I hear.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:26 PM

AD and SE are angle shooters plain and simple. SE obv knew what she was doing. As for AD, well, is there anything more that can be said about her?

For all intensive purposes AD is within the Hollywood world now where some people have a convoluted sense of entitlement and where they think they can do whatever the f*#k they want.i.e. she's more Hollywood now than an actual poker player.

And why the f did SE get into the NBC hu tournament, terrible, her match with Madsen was hilarious. I wish I would have never read this thread, it's so maddening.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SE is now chip leader and tells SD several times not to play another hand. First out loud, then she mouthed the words while looking at him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would seriously lose it if i was at the table witnessing this, much less playing against someone doing that right in front of me. like, absolutely lose it.

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading Chans blog my thoughts are as such;

are charity events so lax that TC couldn't just have the dealer call for the floor/TD and have a ruling made on this?

I mean the dealer must have heard the same thing, the TD could have just ascertained from the dealer if that was in fact said, it seems Shannon would have been penalized in a real event for 20 mins. at least

I know from the description it sounds like a chaotic free for all and that might have made it difficult to speak up, but it just seems a little odd Chan just sits there quietly while his two opponents openly collude against him, and instead opts to fire off a blog and then try to plead his case the next day after the prizes have been awarded? Chan never said anything while at the mansion? Surely anyone here would have called for a ruling almost immediately right? I can understand his plight, but I'm not sure he helped his fight much by his course of actions. [Mind you, I've had all day to think about - while Chan was under multiple pressures of being the short stack, having the TD tell you the event will end after the current round, chaotic party atmosphere etc.

I read Chan's blog and it bears no mention of whether he brought up any of this during the actual tourney, which it seems he had plenty of time to do during the TD's frequent visits to adjust the structure. Also If I had been in the crowd and seen this I would have pulled the TD aside if I could, and told him privately what I had witnessed.

just my rambling thoughts, and I hope TC gets some type of adjustment. seems, as played enjoy the US open. But I do hope someone steps in and awards you a seat, Dannemann seems like such an upstanding guy that if he got wind of all this he would swap Chan for the Open package - he golfs from what I hear.

[/ QUOTE ]

The TD (along with other tourney staff) was standing right behind the dealer for all of the nonsense.

Tuco.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:31 PM

The fact that it's a charity event should not matter. The prizes were quite significant. I would guess that most of the players would not have played in a $1,500 tournament just for fun and charity.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The TD (along with other tourney staff) was standing right behind the dealer for all of the nonsense.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's really quite appalling. I mean I've played in bar tournaments where the owner's buddy always gets reseated behind the button etc.. But when it's desribed as WSOP staff
you would assume some kind of decorum. Now it seems like the powers that be/were wanted SE as the winner.

thank you for clarifying the atmosphere at the event, Tuco.
very unfortunate, if I was Chan and if meetings with the promoters fall through (which I would also wrangle for the TV in addition to the Golf Trip. BTW a US Open trip would sell for over face value on EBAY $5000 if it is transferable {or can be adjusted to be made so})

Also I might consider contacting Danneman and explain my points and see if he would trade the ME seat for the golf trip, all he can do is say no.

Best of luck
Old 05-01-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this reminds me of the time Annie Duke grabbed someone's cards after the hand was over and looked at them; I don't remember the details but it was on TV and they were playing for real money (the TOC where she won 2 mil maybe)... I was stunned to see a "professional" do something I hadn't seen outside of .01/.02 home games... now I know she's just a [censored] with no honor

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you aren't thinking of Jennifer Harman sneeking a peek at Phil Laak's cards on PAD?

The amount of libel on this board is amazing. People will write complete rubbish.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:47 AM

I think he's talking about the hand between Annie and Brett Jungblut a few years ago.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he's talking about the hand between Annie and Brett Jungblut a few years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. If I were to defend J Harman, I might say she did it thinking the whole PAD game was halfway a joke, especially considering Phil L was acting like a clown and rolling on the floor and generally being a douche. Seems like looking at someone elses cards would be an DQ in a tournament for blatant cheating.
Closed Thread