Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 09:14 AM

Default Re: APRIL 24th Show discussion

[ QUOTE ]
As for top performances - obviously Fantasia's Summertime, and Kelly Clarkson's second performance of Moment Like This. What else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I though Elliott's "Moody's Mood for Love" was the best male vocal on idol ever.

Agree with everyone about Jordin. The judges are seriously pimping her. "Best idol vocal ever"? Randy's on crack. Jordin's "I Who Have Nothing" was way better. Last night her vocal sounded rough except for the big notes at the end.

But Jordin is playing a very good game. She knows the huge glory notes are what the audience remembers. Melinda is singing much more difficult songs, and singing them better, but she doesn't have the same volume or power as Jordin on the "big finish" notes.

I think who goes home tonight is a total crapshoot. Should be Chris or Blake, could be anyone except Jordin.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I though Elliott's "Moody's Mood for Love" was the best male vocal on idol ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT!

One (or Two) Word Round-Up of Last Night's Horror Show:

Chris: Sucked
Blake: Sucked
Melinda: No Neck
Lakisha: OK
Phil: Hate Him
Jordin: Very Nice

Jordin was very good... clearly not the best Idol performance ever. But she hits and sustains notes within a huge range, and with such ease... I really enjoy watching her perform and love the sound of her voice. Lakisha was unfairly bashed imo I thought she had a good, controlled performance.

Sweet to see I converted Soul Daddy to the anti-Melinda camp! Let us go! Haha ironically... I'm coming around on her a bit.. and I enjoyed her performance last night, first time since "My Funny Valentine". Blake was just very average at best... gonna disagree with the Daddy on this one. He was really exposed as a pretty mediocre singer... also "Imagine", while a great song, is just a terribly boring vocal.

-Al
Old 04-25-2007, 01:28 PM

Oh and Jordin is gonna take this down and I wouldn't be surprised to see Richardson LL than Blake at this point...

-Al
Old 04-25-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As for top performances - obviously Fantasia's Summertime, and Kelly Clarkson's second performance of Moment Like This. What else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aiken's "Build me up Buttercup" and Bice's "Whipping Post"
Old 04-25-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jordin was very good... clearly not the best Idol performance ever. But she hits and sustains notes within a huge range, and with such ease...

[/ QUOTE ]
She was straining horribly in the upper part of her range at the end of the song. There was no ease there. I expected her to crack, and found myself kinda rooting for her to get through it - which is more effort than I care to put into watching a performer. That coupled with her fighting off tears for the second half of the song... I don't know... I'm just not seeing it.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:33 PM

I have never, in the entire competition, ever thought a guy could win. Last night Phil was pretty good but he sucks overall. John Lennon was no doubt spinning in his grave listening to Blake butcher his song. The judges actually praised him. And Chris was just horrible and Randy said he was great. Paula and Simon loved him too. Really Randy and Simon have lost any integrity they once had.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jordin was very good... clearly not the best Idol performance ever. But she hits and sustains notes within a huge range, and with such ease...

[/ QUOTE ]
She was straining horribly in the upper part of her range at the end of the song. There was no ease there. I expected her to crack, and found myself kinda rooting for her to get through it - which is more effort than I care to put into watching a performer. That coupled with her fighting off tears for the second half of the song... I don't know... I'm just not seeing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh - well you mentioned you have alot of vocal training (I've only taken lessons for a couple years)... I'll defer to you on this one but honestly - seemed like she glided right into her upper register, and the sound was very nice and full to my ears. I'll go back and listen to it again, but I didn't get the sense she wa straining / about to crack at all (this is only important because as the weeks go on, and her throat gets sorer from overuse, she will lose more command of her voice I think. Melinda who has better training I think stays on point rest of the competition).

Her heavy breathing / gasping doesn't bother me but it can be a little distracting (notable at the beginning of the song).

-Al
Old 04-25-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blake was just very average at best... gonna disagree with the Daddy on this one. He was really exposed as a pretty mediocre singer... also "Imagine", while a great song, is just a terribly boring vocal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure you disagree with me at all. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2007, 02:02 PM

Soul Daddy:

[ QUOTE ]
There was nothing technically wrong with his performance, but it's not exactly a challenging tune vocally. And he did nothing but paint by numbers with it. Not bad by any means, but disappointing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh you know I kind of read the above as slightly different from my take. I actually thought it was pretty bad overall.

Also, let's never fight again.

-Al
Old 04-25-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I know anyone that has seen more than a few episodes of this season and doesn't absolutely loathe Melinda; it's almost to the point where I wonder how she continues to get votes. There are only so many black people watching American Idol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people vote for the most talented singer regardless of what color they are. Guess what that makes you?