Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Why one should FPS as a villager

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you make good reads, you'll get eaten.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I think the difference of opinion here is that the vanillager can word his posts in such a way that makes the wolves think he's the seer. Agree or disagree?

You can make the best seer hints in the world, but if you clear a wolf, the wolves aren't going to eat you and the village will possibly "clear" a wolf based on your hint.

Am I off base?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you go out of your way to look like the seer so the wolves will eat you,

a) The wolves will not believe you're the seer, because you're trying to look like one
b) The village will think you're a wolf because you're acting strangely

JUST PLAY NORMALLY. IF YOU'RE RIGHT, YOU GET EATEN. PERIOD. THE SEER SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT THE SEER, AND THE VILLAGE SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT TAKING CARE OF THEIR OWN BUSINESS

Why do I do this to myself?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Duh. If you're traz, shortline, or gt1t, it doesn't matter if you're a power role, you'll die. Making good reads is, by far, the most important part of villaging.

[ QUOTE ]
If the seer is doing a good job of staying hidden (remember, staying alive is the seers responsibility), the wolves will eat somebody who will never be lynched. This is an advantage of being an obvious villager. Or, they'll eat somebody who's made correct reads.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is very hard for the seer and be effective at dropping hints, and dropping hints is huge +EV in some spots.

If you ever FPS a wolf kill in a spot where you shouldn't, it's just a huge mistake. In most games, wolves HAVE to hunt the seer at some point, and that's when you start dropping hints, that's where you start being right.

Also, yes, being an obvious villager will get you night-killed a lot, but that almost necessarily means your wolf game has to suck, and I can't see how you deliberately make yourself an obvious villager without sucking at wolf, and if you can deliberately do something as a villager, you can deliberately do it as a wolf. I mean, don't try to deliberately act wolfy (yes, it's dumb), but deliberately acting villagery is also wolfy (to me, at least).
Old 04-23-2007, 09:26 PM

Zurvan, you're wrong. It's not even something that takes a lot of effort or should take a lot of effort. All you have to do is a drop a hint here and there between your posts and don't act stupid about it.

Chuckles does this every long game, dmk does this every long game. They don't get lynched ever.

Looking like the seer is not about looking like the seer. It's about dropping hints and providing some seer metagame.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:27 PM

Lastchance: think of all the players that almost never get lynched, and live a long time in games. There's a fair sized list of them. Do you think it's just an accident that they don't get lynched very often?

You can be an obvious villager and a good wolf. Reference: GT1T. I'm a bad wolf, but a big part of that is hating being a wolf (I think), and I'm just angry. When I didn't hate being a wolf, I did a good job. I also got peeked a LOT early in the summer, which is bad for the wolf record.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:28 PM

So this whole thread ends up being about the benefits of saying "I think x is a villager"

Does that really need it's own thread? What the hell is wrong with all of you?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I think the difference of opinion here is that the vanillager can word his posts in such a way that makes the wolves think he's the seer. Agree or disagree?

You can make the best seer hints in the world, but if you clear a wolf, the wolves aren't going to eat you and the village will possibly "clear" a wolf based on your hint.

Am I off base?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you go out of your way to look like the seer so the wolves will eat you,

a) The wolves will not believe you're the seer, because you're trying to look like one
b) The village will think you're a wolf because you're acting strangely

JUST PLAY NORMALLY. IF YOU'RE RIGHT, YOU GET EATEN. PERIOD. THE SEER SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT THE SEER, AND THE VILLAGE SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT TAKING CARE OF THEIR OWN BUSINESS

Why do I do this to myself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for posting here in this thread. I honestly am like a bare bones rookie still. I have much to learn and these discussions only help people like me out.

In fact I was about to post that the more I understand about the game, the less I do.

This is a RPS type conundrum I feel. Should you claim because they're expecting it or because they're not expecting it.

I'm guessing based on your post that you feel like the seer should play like a villager too. He just happens to have a small amount of concrete information to help solidify his reads.

I'm not going back and deleting redundant things because I feel like I can only learn from this discussion.

btw, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Zurvan
Old 04-23-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So this whole thread ends up being about the benefits of saying "I think x is a villager"

Does that really need it's own thread? What the hell is wrong with all of you?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Yes
2. Apparently.
3. Personally, I'm an obnoxious nit. I won't comment on the rest of them.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lastchance: think of all the players that almost never get lynched, and live a long time in games. There's a fair sized list of them. Do you think it's just an accident that they don't get lynched very often?

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe this is because village sucks (or because they're amplify).

I think I'm one of these people, BTW.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:32 PM

Maybe a mod can retitle this thread, "lastchance and Zurvan arguing about village play, while CPFB tries to learn from their poo flinging"

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe a mod can retitle this thread, "lastchance and Zurvan arguing about village play, while CPFB tries to learn from their poo flinging"

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup, that's pretty much what this thread is.