Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Re: Micro FR discussion

NL25 was a bit tighter and had a little less total disregard for money and maniacs. Probably the first folks with semi-reasonable preflop stats appeared. Oh, and villains start seeing the fold button sometimes.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:46 AM

I play mostly 25nl atm, dabble a bit in 50nl. I've been trying to implement some more 'tricky' plays. I was wondering if I should even try floating at the 25nl level, or if its -EV at such small limits? Has anyone had any success with this?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:32 AM

Yea floating works sometimes but you definetly have to pick who you do it to and when you do it.

Also in reply to who asked for differences bettween 25NL and 10NL. 25NL its definitely much more important to raise more preflop and steal the blinds more. I found myself winning at much less at 25NL then i had at 10NL then i upped my PRF from 5 to 8 and my profits have soared since then.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:55 PM

Aggression definitely is more important at 25nl. Lots of times at 10nl all you have to do is let the donks put the money in for you. There is less of that at 25nl.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:35 PM

In some of the other forums they do hand quizes from time to time. I was thinking about putting about ten interesting pre-flop situations together to discuss. I could also add specific situations if someone wanted to pm a hand history. Would anyone be interested?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In some of the other forums they do hand quizes from time to time. I was thinking about putting about ten interesting pre-flop situations together to discuss. I could also add specific situations if someone wanted to pm a hand history. Would anyone be interested?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. this would be nice
Old 04-25-2007, 07:47 PM

That sounds like a very good idea.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds great. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2007, 12:36 AM

Hi,

I believe my story is typical of everyone's story here. I started out on Party, did a $50 deposit and played their .02/.04 limit games. Then, I found NL .02/.04 on party and there was no return after that. That was in Dec '06. After a month, I moved over to Bodog and generated about 8,000 hands in about 3 months and boosted my BR to $500 playing $10NL. The problem after which, becomes the typical, I played outside of my br and tilted 1/3 of my roll away.

I'm a pretty conservative player and like to have 25 buy-ins for the next level before moving up in limits. Now, I'm at FT and playing their $10NL/PL.

I started out playing really tight, nitty in fact. PFR is about 3-4%, V$PIP was around 11%. It worked on bodog. Now, on FT, I'm trying to loosen up a little and increase my aggressiveness, since the players on FT are tighter and currently, my stats are 18/8/2.5. My position awareness has improve and I'm stealing blinds a lot more.

I'm beginning to understand how stack sizes affects one's play and learning to think in 3th level(although it's often not required at this level)

My problem lies here:

1. I'm too predictable. I'm trying to raise more hands PF.
2. I fold too god-damn much on the river to a value-bet.
3. I'm either too passive or too aggressive with TPTK. That means I'm still pretty bad at putting the Villain on a range.

Currently, after a small sample size(2,200 hands) on FT, I'm running 18/8/2.5, 7.5PTBB/100. I hope to learn more from you peeps. I'm at a crossroad, I don't know how to improve. I'm pretty much stagnant. Waiting to hit 25 max buy-ins before attempting $25NL, I'm at 20 BIs now.

P.S. Poker is a hobby, I have a full-time job. I can't afford to spend too much time on poker, that's why I've only 15K hands over these 4-5 months. Trying to clock 5K hands per month now.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe my story is typical of everyone's story here. I started out on Party, did a $50 deposit and played their .02/.04 limit games. Then, I found NL .02/.04 on party and there was no return after that. That was in Dec '06. After a month, I moved over to Bodog and generated about 8,000 hands in about 3 months and boosted my BR to $500 playing $10NL. The problem after which, becomes the typical, I played outside of my br and tilted 1/3 of my roll away.

[/ QUOTE ]

$50 --> $500 @ 0.02/0.04 /w 8k hands? Did I miss something here?