Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is your worst bad loan (in $)? Choose the closest amount.
NA, I never have been burned. 55 41.98%
$100 44 33.59%
$500 15 11.45%
$1000 12 9.16%
$10,000 or more 5 3.82%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: $25NL suited connector: play along

[ QUOTE ]
I like a smooth-call because:

1) I want MP to come along
2) There are not too many cards that I'm afraid of, and, the corollary:
3) There are many ways I want villians to improve (a 2 would give any A a lower straight, broadway cards might improve either villian to TP or set)
4) If UTG was taking a stab he will fold to any raise. If he has a hand we can get his money on the turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play the same for the same reasons.

I always raise suited connectors UTG preflop.
Is Shania considered deception?
Old 04-19-2007, 02:29 PM

Any card could kill our action. BB has bet the pot into the PF raiser and caller. He likes his hand a lot. Forget about the other guy. If he wants to come along great, but stacking BB is now my sole objective in this hand. I'd raise my normal amount here which would be to about $9 or so.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:35 PM
 is offline

I prefer playing SCs in position so I voted to fold preflop. When I decide to play them UTG I come in for a standart raise. I would say this is about 80/20% depends on my image. If my raises get a lot of respect I start to play them UTG once in a while and it would be for deception and to steal the blinds or taking down the pot with a CB.

On the flop I voted for a smallish raise, this depends on oponents obviously. When villains are faced with a smallish bet, they might interpret the situation wrong, since they are probably putting me on big cards. It might look like a feeler / blocking kind of bet. As if I don`t want anybody to bluff at me but on the other hand don`t want to commit to many chips when faced oop with such a dangerous board. If they are holding something like a set or an overpair with a draw, they will most likely raise me. And they might even try to put pressure on me with a marginal hand, thinking the smallish bet is weakness from my side. If they don`t raise my flop bet they will most likely float me on the turn. I figure this is the best way to get most money in the pot.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play the same for the same reasons.

I always raise suited connectors UTG preflop.
Is Shania considered deception?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, but raising for deception will increase your shania.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:45 PM

I like a call on the flop:

- try and trap MP for a bet
- to make it look like we're drawing

some of the usual reasons for not slow playing aren't there:

- we have the nuts for the moment, and it's very likely to stay that way
- there aren't a massive amount of cards that will kill our action
- we are already getting some decent action from what could be a set / over pair.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:45 PM

First few orbits I probably fold preflop, but raising is certainly ok.

On the flop I smooth call in an attempt to trap more money in the pot - if we raise the flop we will almost certainly scare one of them away, if not both of them. Plus, with more players in the pot, a call increases the likelihood that a turn card may improve someone's hand.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:22 PM

I raise preflop UTG, it is usually interpretted as AK or a decent sized pair so I voted for deception as you're representing something you don't have and that let you to either cbet and pick up the pot when broadway cards hit or hit a monster and play for stacks.

I like the call on the flop for most of the reasons stated above. Hope BB has TT and MP has Ax suuited and hit top pair. Give MP 3-1 on his money to come along as neither is likely to improve more than a little. That gives you a $12 pot going to the turn and a great chance to get it all in v either 1 or 2 villians with 2 1/2 pot bets if sb doesn't keep up the betting.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:30 PM

If you were in position, you could see what MP does so you wouldn't have to speculate whether he'll come along for the ride or not. That's why I don't fancy playing suited connectors from early position. So I would have folded pf anyway. As played, I raise it to about $10, maybe $11. If he has a pair plus OESD we want to get it in on the flop. We can't really give any free cards either because he might have a small pocket and be scared of any overcards. We probably end up getting all of BB's stack anyways, I think a potsized donk bet into two people shows quite some strength. IMO, there is no way to stack both these guys unless they both have strong hands in which case you might just as well get it in on the flop. I don't see how any card in the deck will help both of these guys enough to commit their stacks. So I think you should be happy to try and stack one of them, which you easily could on the flop.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Largish raise.
Though the donk is generally weakness, and villain will often fold, there is a good chance he has a smallish overpair, or even a set, and the time to commit him is now - before any scary looking aces or kings come along. He might also STILL think we have overcards, and rebluff or something.

If he has nothing oh well, move on, next hand.

There is NO point in slowplaying here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am stupid and didnt realize it was 3 handed.
Just call.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:08 PM

(My reply from earlier because the interwebs crashed for me

Bit late on this one.

Good to se you back Pokey - I thought poker might have got a little boring for you [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] but no u were getting yourself some high variance life EV [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I hear some SSNLers may require some girl help...

I fold this preflop, but play it CO/BTN may be UTG+1 but rarely UTG -especially @ a NL25 table - the ones I played last month - I just think too many times we'll miss and not be able to take the pot down - anyway ignoring that I can still do the postflop bit.

I'm calling this flop -not too drawy, only pairing of the board concerns us. As the PFR I may raise too as we would likely do this with an overpair vs a potsize donk but if you would call with an ovepair here too then I think calling is better - however overcards may kill our action vs margianl hands but if we'll alss see if he has 2pair/set type of hand if he best an overcard turn.

Also given MP could call making AI by the river easier given the pot size on the turn 3way.

Way to much overthinking for me- but basically call keep it 3way and try get AI turn if possible, river easily even if HU given potsizes.