Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Gym Pet Peeves

[ QUOTE ]
he isn't a trainer, but the dude that works the desk on night shift most days will randomly storm the weight room put like 6 plates on a hammer stregth bench do like 4 reps then storm out and not unload...pretty lame...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf?
Old 04-13-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he isn't a trainer, but the dude that works the desk on night shift most days will randomly storm the weight room put like 6 plates on a hammer stregth bench do like 4 reps then storm out and not unload...pretty lame...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes he is a douche, and he wears a wifebeater even though he could stand to lose 15 lbs and some days he has a visor on...i want to punch him in the face...
Old 04-13-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes he is a douche, and he wears a wifebeater even though he could stand to lose 15 lbs and some days he has a visor on...i want to punch him in the face...

[/ QUOTE ]

Is he some sort of mutual acquaintance or something?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:10 PM

ankle,

doubtful, don't think chesspain lives in la...i think he was just confused at the douchiness and i was just ranting cuz the guy is a douche and i have to see him 5 days a week [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]...gonna try morning workouts starting next week though (not cuz of the douche)...
Old 04-15-2007, 02:22 PM

People who do a set and then stay on the station they're at while they rest (ie, dips/pullup bar)...I hate having to ask people if I can get a set in, when I know they're not f'ing using it
Old 04-15-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who do a set and then stay on the station they're at while they rest (ie, dips/pullup bar)...I hate having to ask people if I can get a set in, when I know they're not f'ing using it

[/ QUOTE ]

In my health club, there are "Etiquette" signs posted, which include the rule of not resting at a machine.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually no one has written this but one of the most annoying things in every gym are the personal trainers. They lead their lame ass clients around, they're always chatting up a storm with the client about some sort of nonsense. They usually have them on totally retarded workouts where they go around the whole gym and use 100 different machines and seem to always get in my way. Then they get out the exercise balls and the balance board and have the client do that [censored] right in front of the squat rack. Then they pull out a yoga mat and drop right in the middle of the gym somewhere and get down on the ground and start doing nonsense. Sigh

[/ QUOTE ]

Add on to this list the trainers that wander around offering "free sessions" to all the hot chicks.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my health club, there are "Etiquette" signs posted, which include the rule of not resting at a machine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where am I supposed to rest? There are no seats in the gym except the machines. F'ing resting is part of a good workout.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:47 PM

I almost lost it in the gym today. I was at the squat rack warming up with just the bar, about to start my sets. Some girl walks up and asks if I'm using the rack, I say yeah but you can work in. I rack the bar and sit pace around to loosen up a bit. She shows up a wood box, a physio ball, and two male friends. WTF WTF. She starts doing pullups in the rack (it's got an overhead bar), her friends drop down on the floor right in front of the rack and start doing pushups. WTF WTF RAGE IS BUILDING. Fortunately the guy in the other rack finished his set and I just went over there.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where am I supposed to rest? There are no seats in the gym except the machines. F'ing resting is part of a good workout.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, i rest right in front of my station, sometimes pacing in ront but always within reach...this is expecially important if i have specified rest times...if im supposed to do a set, rest 45 secs then do another set no fuckign way am i stepping away and letting someone in...dont care if it makes me a dick...