Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Headphones!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've read those complaints about the Etymotic's sound before, but from what I've read the concesus seems to be that they are more comfortable then Shure's.

I've never used either, but I know my dad replaced his e2c's with ER-6's due to the e2c's not being comfortable and he is really happy with the swap.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I mostly use the foam ear pieces rather than the rubber flanged ones and I think they're very comfortable. I have often worn them for up to 5 or 6 hours at a time. I haven't tried the shures.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have the e2c's. unfortunately i must have damaged them because one ear is too quiet, and one ear is super loud. does anybody know if they any kind of return/exchange policies? and if so, if they are familiar with how they went about getting a product exchange?

thanks
Old 04-11-2007, 12:56 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
a) And what would you say is the optimal price range for speakers? That is, the price range where you are getting the most per dollar?

b) What is the minimum you would advise someone to spend who wants a great sound system that will last a while?

[/ QUOTE ]

a) this really depends. are you buying an amp AND speakers? If so, i would spend around 800-1k for the whole system, so like 100 per speaker and around 500 for an amp. This might be too much, because like i said, i really know very little about surround sound systems.

b) spending less than 500 would be a bad idea imo.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Best headphones for jogging?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use these.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have those, and 1 one side is much longer than the other one. I thought it was a defect, until I saw a random other pair that was the same way. what's up with that?

[/ QUOTE ]
You run the longer side around the back of your head/neck. That way, you can take them out of your ear, just drop them, and they'll hang over your shoulder / around your neck. This cord style is so much better than the standard Y-cord. I wish all earphones would have this J-cord style.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:02 PM

any specific recommendations on brands or models to check out for a speaker set up more than $500 and less than $1500? Keep in mind these would primarily be plugged into a computer.. or is this not best?
Old 04-11-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any specific recommendations on brands or models to check out for a speaker set up more than $500 and less than $1500? Keep in mind these would primarily be plugged into a computer.. or is this not best?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on what you want.

If you just want to be able to listen to music on your computer, while at your computer, just go buy the higher end logitech computer speakers.

If you want to fill a room, get yourself A left and right speaker, a sub and an amp. Then plug your computer into that.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:31 PM

Just wanted to add that I have the Grado SR60's....

These are pretty much considered by the industry as the best "bang-for-the-buck" headphones out there. ($60ish).

Compared to a normal pair they absolutely blow them away.

However, they are lacking in bass, and definitely aren't as comfortable as the Sennheisers or AKG's.

Another nice thing about them is that they are 32ohm, so you don't need a headphone amp to power them.

If I did it all over again, I probably would still get these considering the price. In the future if I upgrade, I may go with Sennheiser/AKG instead though.

I haven't had a chance yet to listen to the SR-225's/RS1's/etc
Old 04-11-2007, 04:49 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

dont bother upgrading. up to the sr225 there is really no difference in the sonic qualities as compared to the sr60. i disagree that theyre the best bang for the buck. the sennheiser hd212 is probably best for the buck, or maybe the koss ksc-75 or the koss portapro.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dont bother upgrading. up to the sr225 there is really no difference in the sonic qualities as compared to the sr60. i disagree that theyre the best bang for the buck. the sennheiser hd212 is probably best for the buck, or maybe the koss ksc-75 or the koss portapro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they're considered -one of- the best cheap headphones. The ksc-75's and portapro's are only like $30 headphones. I've heard both of those, and wasn't overly impressed. Haven't heard the 212's.

I'm certainly not a grado-fan-boy - I just read a ton of reviews before I bought and ended up w/ sr60's from the many recommendations.

PITTM - for my next 'upgrade', what should I go with? Say, $200 or less range. (unless there's something drastically better for $220 or something)
Old 04-11-2007, 06:15 PM

HD580s. absolutely no question imo. you could probably find them for around ~120 used and then use the rest of the money for an entry level amp. Unless youre using them with a nice integrated amplifier or something in which case an amp becomes less necessary.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:33 PM

Hmm..

I'm seeing the HD580's as cheap as $150 new from newegg - I don't see any reason to get them used for that price.

Also,

Between the ksc-35's and 75's, which are preferred? I need a cheap set for the mp3 player I'm picking up.