Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Sopranos 4/8???

[ QUOTE ]
Ahh gotcha, I misunderstood. I was actually thinking about this - did he wear gloves? Dropping the gun without wiping it down or whatever seemed clumsy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was a really careless mistake on the shows part (whereas the ripped shirt that didn't get picked up seemed intentional), but I've been told if you freeze it he did have gloves on. I mean even for Bobby it seems too sloppy. I'll have to watch it again.

Being over picky about this stuff detracts from the overall experience of the show for sure, but I know it'll always bug me, I still think it's stupid that Tony went to the meeting with the Canadians. Openly talking about buying and reselling old pharm drugs and thoroughly implying that he'll have a guy killed with two basic strangers- while one of the biggest things has been he has to be ultra careful about distancing himself from damaging conversations.

Incredible episode though, I'm quite optimistic as I thought last season was far too soap opera-esque, if they stay in this direction I'll be very pleased [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-10-2007, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone else mentioned that AJ's scene in the bedroom didn't make any sense. I guess if you need it spelled out for you that AJ is a freeloading scumbag with no intentions of growing up, who is quite content to "play" grown-up on the grown-ups' bed, then you probably took nothing from that scene.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not exactly thinking deep. We've known for 6 seasons that AJ was a free loading scumbag.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:44 AM

I really liked this episode for many of the reasons that have been said in this thread. The only thing I didn't like was the flashback. I thought they could have just thrown it into the opening review and then just had the lawyer explain it. It would have added some more tension to the arrest. It does set up what could be a big trial.

I love when people keep screaming about how much they hate Janice when that is the goal of her character. They have done a wonderful job of turning her into her mother. As I said in the lost thread, I really expect a Liviaesque drop to somebody (Pauly, Sil, Phil) that Bobby kicked Tony's ass.

I don't think anything happens to Bobby from the hit. We've seen sloppy hits before and it was just a great way to show how your first hit goes. It's truly "popping your cherry."

There is a ton of signifigance of AJ trying to become his dad and just failing at it. It keeps showing that as Tony loses Christopher, AJ, Bobby... there is nobody to take over.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
by saved i meant like the shot they showed of the washer glass pierced and you could hear it bouncing around in there.
fwiw I didn't mean save but its different then shooting someone in a field and having the bullet be lodged in dirt 2 miles away...

but yeah its a moot point just seemed that it will be an issue somewhere

still like the episode over all

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure the whole showing the bullet in the dryer scene with it rattling around was shown for another reason entirely.

Im not really sure how to word it and there is no future significance, but using a non hollow point bullet would cause the bullet to go through the victim and act in this manner.

He wasn't using hollow points (not a huge significance) Maybe this shows he listens to Janice or i could just be trying to read too deep into the shallow reference
Old 04-10-2007, 07:27 AM

omfg why is there discussion about the gun and bullets? these guys are organized crime, the weapons they use wouldnt be traceable.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
omfg why is there discussion about the gun and bullets? these guys are organized crime, the weapons they use wouldnt be traceable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said anything about being traceable or any implications with law enforcement. I was referring as to why Case may have decided to highlight an unnecessary part of the killing (which I guess is what is making others talk about being traceable. Ill assume you weren't replying to me directly)
Old 04-10-2007, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said anything about being traceable or any implications with law enforcement. I was referring as to why Case may have decided to highlight an unnecessary part of the killing (which I guess is what is making others talk about being traceable. Ill assume you weren't replying to me directly)

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, not you directly...its a non issue is all.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:02 AM

I thought the episode was great. And I felt that the pacing was perfect, as the more drawn out scenes only furthered the tension.

I slightly regret not getting to see some of the regular characters, but that's more of a criticism that the show is coming to an end than a criticism of the episode. There just isn't enough time to do everyone justice, so to speak.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's not exactly thinking deep. We've known for 6 seasons that AJ was a free loading scumbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, when we had last seen AJ, he was working construction, and taking responsibility for a wife and kid. Looked like he was growing up.

The scene in question makes it clear that he's got a long way to go.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You gotta think DEEP when you're watching this show. If you can't or won't, then you'll be disappointed. You won't notice things like the nanny and kid singing "...over the hill..." as Tony walks by, still licking his wounds from losing a fight for the first time, while a birthday forces him to come to grips with getting older.

[/ QUOTE ]

The song also involved ducks swimming away or something along those lines. I needn't elaborate.