Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Aussie Millions Cash Game Invitational on FSN this Saturday

Wow, what a run of cards by the amateur from Japan. If he had value bet more aggressively, he would have won almost as much as PA.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:56 AM

i didnt get his full house check considering a flush card didnt hit
Old 04-01-2007, 05:53 AM

"The Croc" might be the single biggest jackass I've ever seen on TV poker. And this is after half a decade of seeing guys like Joe Stillman, Tony G, Dmitri Nobles, Eric Molina, and Jamie Gold in tournament after tournament. The Croc trumped them all in about 15 minutes of screen time.

I'm a pacifist, but I would relish beating this guy senseless with wooden hammer. His sense of humor makes Phil Gordon look like Chris Rock. His poker skill makes Jamie Gold look like Barry Greenstein. His fashion sense makes Johnny Chan look like Marcel Luske. And his rude, irritating lack of etiquette makes Tony G look like Doyle Brunson.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:35 AM

Anybody else notice Ivey had a notepad in front of him? I thought it might be for props, but i'm not sure who he'd be playing with. Benyamine and Antonius maybe?

Also, i just noticed, Antonius wasn't doing the weird finger in the ear thing!
Old 04-01-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"The Croc" might be the single biggest jackass I've ever seen on TV poker. And this is after half a decade of seeing guys like Joe Stillman, Tony G, Dmitri Nobles, Eric Molina, and Jamie Gold in tournament after tournament. The Croc trumped them all in about 15 minutes of screen time.

I'm a pacifist, but I would relish beating this guy senseless with wooden hammer. His sense of humor makes Phil Gordon look like Chris Rock. His poker skill makes Jamie Gold look like Barry Greenstein. His fashion sense makes Johnny Chan look like Marcel Luske. And his rude, irritating lack of etiquette makes Tony G look like Doyle Brunson.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. Prior to last night, I had always been under the impression that Lleyton Hewitt was the biggest prick in Australia, but he can't hold a candle to "the Coc".
Old 04-02-2007, 01:42 AM

I was rofling when Phil Ivey said, in an interview, that people should play others better than them to improve their skills. "Here fishy, fishy!"

And don't you get offended when seemingly every poker announcer calls Phil Ivey the best player in the world? We don't have access to their tax returns, so we don't know. And if we did have access to the returns I doubt Phil Ivey's made the most over the last five/ten years anyway.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was rofling when Phil Ivey said, in an interview, that people should play others better than them to improve their skills. "Here fishy, fishy!"

And don't you get offended when seemingly every poker announcer calls Phil Ivey the best player in the world? We don't have access to their tax returns, so we don't know. And if we did have access to the returns I doubt Phil Ivey's made the most over the last five/ten years anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would anyone get offended? The general consensus from the top pros is that he's the best all-around player. If you don't believe them, who do you believe?
Old 04-02-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Croc's constant banter during the PA IVEY hand, made me uncomfortable. Totally inappropriate. I can't blame Ivey for leaving after that.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:45 PM

I guess no one here caught the post by Matt Savage. For those who obviously havent been around that long Matt is the leading tournament director in the world.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:29 PM

Can't for the life of me understand the $75k call by Benyamine with just top pair & Q kicker. These guys are loaded of course, but still for that much? You have to put PA on at least 2 pair, maybe a slowplay of tens or better, unlikely he had A9 but still a possibility. Also, love PA's all-in w/ quads to bust Lindgren at the end, sick.