Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Public apology to DAC- His account has been cleared.

[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion, I don't think it would be good for the quality of the games if the poker sites "advertised" what programs were allowed on their sites. The sites are trying to build traffic, and one way to build traffic is to have fishy games. Putting in your T&C that you can use software to help your game does not sound like a good business decision, because of the effect it can have on the games . On the other hand, allowing the use of PT and AHK will also help attract high volume players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars T&C says (4.4) not to use certain programs, then links to a page of what's good and what's not.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:53 PM

I feel DAC and WPEX GM both handled the situation very well.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:26 PM

it's disturbing the guy would have been sol without posting on 2p2.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:00 PM

Alot of you are coming down way too hard on WSEX.

Obviously if the guy was innocent, as it seems he was, he is entitled to his money, which he is getting.

Sites being proactive about bots/collusion is a great thing for all players. These types of things are going to happen and the fact they can fess up to it and hopefully make improvements in the futre is a good thing.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:15 PM

I agree that the outcome was satisfactory. However it was botched by WSEX along the way. Why did the OP have to air out this issue on a public forum in order to receive a fair investigation?

If he had of continued to deal directly with support he would have never received his money. Once communication was initiated the issue was resolved relatively quickly. Why could this have not been done when he initially contacted support? It never should have escalated to this level.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that the outcome was satisfactory. However it was botched by WSEX along the way. Why did the OP have to air out this issue on a public forum in order to receive a fair investigation?

If he had of continued to deal directly with support he would have never received his money. Once communication was initiated the issue was resolved relatively quickly. Why could this have not been done when he initially contacted support? It never should have escalated to this level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I cant believe everyone is praising Fred. He started off assuming that DAC was using a bot and that his money was not being returned to him.

Apologizing does nothing for me. But that is why I never play there nor will I ever.

Is this what it has come down too? You have a problem with a site and your only recourse is to post about it in a public forum just to get your case investigated? BS
Old 03-22-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this what it has come down too? You have a problem with a site and your only recourse is to post about it in a public forum just to get your case investigated? BS

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been the case with all of the big sites as well.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seriously WSEX is trash. Just look at the way they handled this. sure the end result is good but saying crap like "I haven't heard you deny using a bot" is pure armature hour.

Fred you suck at being a GM even though you got this one right.

[/ QUOTE ]

go away troll. His sources told him it was a bot so he called the OP out on it. He was wrong and he manned up and apologized.

Again i am impressed with how Fred handled it, and i am impressed with how the OP kept his cool throught this process ... again if it was me i would have been a raging lunatic

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont you think it is BS that the only way this issue got resolved was that it was MADE PUBLIC on the forums? Then the GM comes and taunts the player for making a post. It just seemed very stupid to me for the GM to do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, I for one love the open approach. Would you prefer the FTP approach (no response, no communication)? A big part of how this got resolved was the public nature of the discussion. Quite frankly, I thought DAC was guilty b/c innocent people usually scream their innocence. He didn't deny it at first, and that led Fred (and a whole lot of others) to believe he was guilty. It turns out that DAC was unwilling to deny it b/c he was unsure if PT or auto hot keys were the problem. Again, if you don't like WPEX's approach I'm sure you can go play somewhere that charges enormous rake and wouldn't take the time of day to actively try to foil bots, or insure that a player got a fair shake.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's disturbing the guy would have been sol without posting on 2p2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the hell plays on wpex and DOESN'T post on 2p2?
Old 03-22-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DAC, congrats on getting youre name cleared. In terms of WPEX, I dont think they should be getting congrats for their handling of the situation.

Sure they messed up and they admitted it but they were way too quick of accusing him as a cheater and saying that was that until DAC protested further.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, WPEX didn't say a damn thing, until DAC started the thread.

Both parties involved in the incident handled the situation well. Many of the railbirds have been going off half-cocked, though.