50001-75000 7 10.61%
75001-100000 5 7.58%
100000-150000 7 10.61%
>150000 12 18.18%
dont care /resutls please 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: *official 2007 red sox thread*

Francona loved this guy in Spring training last year and kind of forced the Sox to bring him up too early. Then instead of easing the kid in, in a mop up appearance, throws him right into the fire in a close and late situation. He got strafed, lost confidence and got sent down.

The SD GM who used to be with the Sox, probably thought the kid had some potential and got him thrown into the deal.

It seems the Sox always let the wrong prospect go in these deals. Remember it was Pavano or Rose and the Sox insisted on keeping Rose. And last year, the only pitching prospect not untouchable in the Beckett deal was Annibel Sanchez.

And I need not mention Bagwell. Couldn't let Scott Cooper go could we?
Old 04-04-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Francona loved this guy in Spring training last year and kind of forced the Sox to bring him up too early. Then instead of easing the kid in, in a mop up appearance, throws him right into the fire in a close and late situation. He got strafed, lost confidence and got sent down.

The SD GM who used to be with the Sox, probably thought the kid had some potential and got him thrown into the deal.

It seems the Sox always let the wrong prospect go in these deals. Remember it was Pavano or Rose and the Sox insisted on keeping Rose. And last year, the only pitching prospect not untouchable in the Beckett deal was Annibel Sanchez.

[/ QUOTE ]

or hanley ramirez
Old 04-04-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or hanley ramirez

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, to be fair, that trade for Beckett was a no go without Hanley Ramirez. You got to give up something good to get something good. But the pitcher was an add-on and the Red sox had their list of untouchables and Annibel "no hit" Sanchez wasn't one of them.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah and it sure looked like that a year ago

the indians getting bard for kelly frekaing shoppach included in the crisp/marte deal was considered a minor coup for them at the time

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlike the Red Sox, the Indians have the ability (and wanton) to try out their prospects in the big show. Both Brandon Phillips and Josh Bard had their chances in the majors, and neither did anything over a pretty decent sample size.

And now look!

>:[
Old 04-05-2007, 02:09 PM

matsuzaka's mlb debut in ~10 minutes
Old 04-05-2007, 03:29 PM

I cue up his debut, its the fourth, he strikes out the side. One hitter so far.

I hope Veritek still has some pop in his bat, he looked bad all spring after tough year in 06. He's 1-8 this year with a single.

Yuke is up. Lugo steals third scores on the E-2 throw. Sweet.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:44 PM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues

his 10K's weren't too bad. at one point it looked like the hitters figured him out a bit after going through the lineup. of course, he re-adjusted and finished very strong.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Want to hear a typical Red Sox fan? Told you so about Lugo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Want to hear a typical Red Sox fan? Okay, this guy is growing on me, at least his interviews anyway. I've heard two now in the last two days and after the interviewer thanks him he says "okay, my man".

Ahhh, you got to actually hear it to appreciate it.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:58 PM

i wonder if the weei idiots will still be complaining about loretta next week. pedroia is hitting the ball hard, and works the pitchers well. loretta saw 3.67 p/pa, hit a bunch of singles, and was a statue in the field.

<3 pedroia
Old 04-05-2007, 07:18 PM

yeah Dustin is looking good, thank god he came into the season swinging the bat well. has turned a couple of nice DP's too.

crisp has looked ok, not great but not as bad as last year. i've just resigned myself to Tek being a sub-.700 OPS catcher this year.