Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Official Dids Gym Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Thremp,

What are the negatives of what I'm doing now. What you suggest sounds like some good additions, but is there stuff I should NOT be doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry about whats wrong with your training, nothing is wrong, any physical effort is going to work wonders for you where you are right now. As long as you give your muscles work, you're going to make rapid improvements. Training is the least of your worries right now, you need to worry about changing the eating habits you have ingrained for who knows how long, and it looks like you're doing a great job. Losing fat is ~80% diet, ~20% training. I've told you what is optimal (strength training with short rest periods using compound movements such as squats/lunges, rows, assisted pullups, bench press, overhead press, and deadlift variations) but you don't seem willing to put effort into these, so just make it to the gym often but most importantly take care of your diet. Keep up the good work, and you won't have any problem staying motivated as you're going to see major changes in your body very quickly.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:30 PM

When I was at 330 I was hell bent on weight loss.

Right now I'm reasonably confortable with a slower pace and better overall strength and good feelingness.

This is kinda simple, but I have been feeling much better since I started working out. I like having biceps again and stuff. I like doing leg sleds.

That said, I will start doing some of the stuff thremp suggests, that makes a lot of sense. Time isn't a huge concern, because this is basically how I'm spending my free time for the next few years. If doing curls and leg sleds gets me to the gym, I'll throw in some lunges too.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:40 PM

dids,

post the before and after pics, i remember you took some but cant remember where you posted it.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll throw in some lunges too.

[/ QUOTE ]

If so, you won't have to do the cameltoe machine! Lunge variations are the best abductor/adductor exercises and it's not close.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:58 PM

hey dids, i'm glad to hear you've done so great so far and hope it continues for you (i think it will). my advice is that what you are doing now is working good, so trust yourself and your instincts about what feels right and what works for you (i only say this obvious point because of the tone of this thread). also, in the gym try your hardest... do full body workouts (i think you should try and do squats despite your problem), do stuff that makes you sweat (not little movements like bicep curls) and push yourself hard. gl, look forward to updates
Old 03-14-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dids,

post the before and after pics, i remember you took some but cant remember where you posted it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before front: (this is from April 19 2006)

After front:

Before side (5/11/06)

After side:

Old 03-14-2007, 10:41 PM

wow man the difference is amazing, especially in the face, keep up the good work.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow man the difference is amazing, especially in the face, keep up the good work.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can really tell the difference in the face when you first start to lose weight.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Peanut Butter, toast is just a delivery method.

I'm doing this at work, so eggs aren't an option (nor is a morning protein shake really, unless I do it at home, which is iffy given my timing).

[/ QUOTE ]

Why isn't a protein shake an option?

+

+

Old 03-14-2007, 11:00 PM

Dids,

I'm curious just how lean and mean you wanna get. Going all the way with this it would be pretty incredible but I can't help but worry that you might technically look great and yet somehow not seem yourself. Some guys, for whatever odd reason, look 'right' with a few extra pounds or a receding hairline.

Personally, I'd like to see a powerlifter-type Dids at the end of all this. The powerlifting or weightlifting life-style is pretty nice. One eats big, lifts big, parties big and doesn't engage in lame-ass aerobic activity. Plus, chicks dig muscular guys with a little bit of love-handle action. And dudes would rather hang with 'the big guy' than be seen with some Men's Health pretty boy.

Whatever route you go I just ask that you remember the rest of the grunts around here and that you don't go all "Hollywood" on us. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]