Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 05:35 AM

Default Re: gg Mansion Poker Dome

I have addressed it three times! Use the context in which I said it................
"I generally do not use the "F-word" penalty in most of my events because it is way too subjective of when it gets reported and additionally there are far more offensive words in my opinion that do not make the list. My rule about abusive language is simple, if it is offensive to or aimed at any other player, dealer, or tournament personnel that a penalty will be assessed."

Matt Savage
Old 03-07-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How hard is it not to curse? Mark me down for no sympathy as well

[/ QUOTE ]

Man sometimes it's harder than a mother [censored] to not say that [censored].

P.S. Plus, it's kinda stupid to keep calling the guy stupid. You might say, "I have no sympathy for him for not having self-control," but in the heat of the moment this has nothing to do with stupidity. That's just stupid.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:04 PM

Wow, Matt Savage is a bigger moron that I thought. And that he actually defends himself here... Just give up, man. You obviously loved to ruin this man's chances or you wouldn't have. Simple as that. Don't come running with your black-and-white [censored].

If I see you stuck in a burning car wreck, I will only stop to point and laugh.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have addressed it three times! Use the context in which I said it................
"I generally do not use the "F-word" penalty in most of my events because it is way too subjective of when it gets reported and additionally there are far more offensive words in my opinion that do not make the list. My rule about abusive language is simple, if it is offensive to or aimed at any other player, dealer, or tournament personnel that a penalty will be assessed."

Matt Savage

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt,

You have to realize that the intelligence level of many of the members of this forum is not up to snuff. You have explained your position clearly. You couldn't have done anything else. If I were you, I would not reply to any other post. Thanks for being candid here.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:54 PM

Did the show producers have anything to say about this? Even they can't think this was an entertaining way to end an episode.

Tune in next week for more folded-out action!!
Old 03-07-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Matt,

As CaryDarling pointed out your show is not a tourney. The players don't buy themselves in as they do at every other open tourney. The payouts are generated by advertising which is not the case for every other open tourney. The sole purpose of this show is to sell advertising space. It's a game show in the guise of a tourney. Your arguments that TDA rules should apply are inappropriate. You are basically a game show host there to make sure that things run smoothly. Your producers could have done anything they wanted and would not have had to worry about losing any lawsuits. I'm sure that every contestant has signed a waiver.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have only worked a handful of shows, and I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs of the legalties...but common sense here will hopefully prevail.

From my understanding during the poker school..even tho' this is a "game show," the rules for the tournament / game are applied by following the TDA rules...so yes they do apply...but as I said in my previous post...you won't be happy you're just here to be an internet thorn in the side of a really nice guy who has done more for this game than you'll ever be able to fantasize doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problems letting this slide as it isn't my money and I won't be watching the show. The whole point of an internet forum is to be able to discuss issues. I've said what I wanted to say.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, Matt Savage is a bigger moron that I thought. And that he actually defends himself here... Just give up, man. You obviously loved to ruin this man's chances or you wouldn't have. Simple as that. Don't come running with your black-and-white [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously doubt Matt Savage had any motive to ruin this man's chances. Simple as that.

Thevis, tough break. I'm sure it was a hard lesson learned. But in the end, you play good, and there are other venues for you to play poker.

-Z
Old 03-07-2007, 07:23 PM

So hypothetically if a guy calls me a donkey, can I say that I'm offended by that and ask for a penalty?

What if he says "nice hand" sarcastically?

I get offended REAL easy....
Old 03-07-2007, 07:44 PM

I get offended whenever I lose the chip lead. Constantly.

Mansion Poker Dome: lol [censored]aments
Old 03-07-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have said it a few times but there still seems to be some confusion. This ruling was back and white because it was clearly stated before the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think peoples problem ( the ones that have a problem) with this is not that you enforced the rule it was that you HAD to enforce the rule. Obv if its a rule no matter how pointless it is you as a TD have to enforce it . BUT this "no cursing rule" should not be on the books in the first place.or it should be changed which i believe you said it has been changed.