Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Done with Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
stars is so much worse than full tilt [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

QF[b]OR [censored] TRUTH!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-05-2007, 02:04 PM

Fisher,

Don't listen to these guys. Most of them are dicks. I used to suffer from bad beats a lot. I thought it was rigged but then I talked to some other people and realized it happens to everybody. One thing you can do (it has worked for me) is to try to anticipate when the bad beats occur. For instance, if you haven't had a bad beat in a while your probably due for one. The other day, I won three coinflips in a row, JJ v AK, KQ v 44 and the other one I forget. Anyway, i get dealt AA in the cutoff. I raise, BB pushes all in, I folded. Yeah, I probably had a better hand, but I had just won three hands in a row. Chances are I had a bad beat coming. The key to this game is not to get too greedy.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fisher,

Don't listen to these guys. Most of them are dicks. I used to suffer from bad beats a lot. I thought it was rigged but then I talked to some other people and realized it happens to everybody. One thing you can do (it has worked for me) is to try to anticipate when the bad beats occur. For instance, if you haven't had a bad beat in a while your probably due for one. The other day, I won three coinflips in a row, JJ v AK, KQ v 44 and the other one I forget. Anyway, i get dealt AA in the cutoff. I raise, BB pushes all in, I folded. Yeah, I probably had a better hand, but I had just won three hands in a row. Chances are I had a bad beat coming. The key to this game
is not to get too greedy.

[/ QUOTE ]

BAN PLZ
Old 03-05-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fisher,

Don't listen to these guys. Most of them are dicks. I used to suffer from bad beats a lot. I thought it was rigged but then I talked to some other people and realized it happens to everybody. One thing you can do (it has worked for me) is to try to anticipate when the bad beats occur. For instance, if you haven't had a bad beat in a while your probably due for one. The other day, I won three coinflips in a row, JJ v AK, KQ v 44 and the other one I forget. Anyway, i get dealt AA in the cutoff. I raise, BB pushes all in, I folded. Yeah, I probably had a better hand, but I had just won three hands in a row. Chances are I had a bad beat coming. The key to this game is not to get too greedy.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL... there just aren't words.

I got aces... I'll fold and wait for a better spot.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fisher,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and one thing that may not be so obv to some amateurs is that if your calling all in, even with aces, you have no fold equity. You never want to play a hand all in without two ways to win.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fisher,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and one thing that may not be so obv to some amateurs is that if your calling all in, even with aces, you have no fold equity. You never want to play a hand all in without two ways to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

48th level

Obv going for the high score?
Old 03-05-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point. BB must have been on KQs and nearly had us drawing dead.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fisher,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it takes an amateur to recognize that you are 100% certain you have the best hand (or are tied for the best, in that unlikely event) and it is a good idea to get your money in while you're ahead.

If this is a joke... A-. I'd give it better, but I think I'm starting to catch on.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:27 PM

Warteen you are so [censored] stupid.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Warteen you are so [censored] stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]