FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Am i right?
yes 6 46.15%
no 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, March, READ RULES IN TOP POST

I'm back! After dropping 6k in cash games last month I am now returning to SNGs.
Brag: First set in 6 months: 1/1/3/3
Old 03-01-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For whoever was considering buying the Evoluent vertical mouse, it sucks for multi tabling poker.
http://www.evoluent.com/
It causes more strain.
However, their keyboard is awesome. The num pad is on the left so you can type bet sizes and not take your hand off the mouse.

Also, the action on the keys just feels soo good. On some level I want to [censored] my keyboard. It is that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I will buy a Logitec with tracking ball instead.

Probably we can ask them to have a vertical mouse with tracking ball
Old 03-01-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scene: $25+2 rebuy tourney with top 9 getting entry into the $475 Dortman last chance tourney, next 5 get $77, and one more gets $40. I'm in 15th place place before this hand and winning it would put me in third place and essentially lock up a seat.

Damned donaments.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t400 with t25 antes (7 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t4065)
UTG+1 (t11700)
MP1 (t19735)
CO (t10200)
Button (t19634)
Hero (t7358)
BB (t27690)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to t2000</font>, MP1 calls t2000, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t7333 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, MP1 calls t5333

Flop: (t17441) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)

Turn: (t17441) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)

River: (t17441) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)

Results in gray below:
<font color="#f7f7f7">Hero has Ks, Kd (two pair, Kings and Jacks)</font>
<font color="#f7f7f7">MP1 has Js, Ts (three of a kind, Jacks)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Info like how many runners left and average stack are important here. Are they a lot of shortstacks? do a lot of people have 15-20bb like you? lots of big stacks etc? It's all v important. I'm guessing this isn't a turbo sat.

I would strongly consider folding pf. you're getting called by at least one person since they're getting good odds and they are donks cause nobody with a remote clue at sat will raise 5xbb or call 5xbb raise here. Against Ax you're a little worse than 30% to bust, underpairs 17-20%, and unders about 20%. yes winning will likely win you a seat, but your success rate at this point in the sat should be better than 80% imho.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C'mon, kev. Think ahead before you do something. Either fold to the flop raise or call the turn brick shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I got what I wanted on the flop and still didn't know where I stood. I really botched that hand up pretty bad.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
C'mon, kev. Think ahead before you do something. Either fold to the flop raise or call the turn brick shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I got what I wanted on the flop and still didn't know where I stood. I really botched that hand up pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks exactly like Erick Lindgren's hand against Sam Farha on the last HSP.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:42 PM

bengiec,

I was just teasing. If you don't respond, it seems like I was being mean.

Happy Birthday Prodigy54321. 20 right? I'm sorry, now that you're an old man you can no longer call yourself a prodigy. You're ordinary now. Happy birthday Ordinary54321!
Old 03-01-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Info like how many runners left and average stack are important here. Are they a lot of shortstacks? do a lot of people have 15-20bb like you? lots of big stacks etc? It's all v important. I'm guessing this isn't a turbo sat.

I would strongly consider folding pf. you're getting called by at least one person since they're getting good odds and they are donks cause nobody with a remote clue at sat will raise 5xbb or call 5xbb raise here. Against Ax you're a little worse than 30% to bust, underpairs 17-20%, and unders about 20%. yes winning will likely win you a seat, but your success rate at this point in the sat should be better than 80% imho.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 20 runners left (19 after the hand obviously) with only 2 real short stacks. The 9th position at this point was about 13kish and the 17k in this pot would have put me in 4th (if I remember correctly).

Villain in this hand has pushed 6 hands in the last two orbits (14 hands) and was called down in three of those six to show J8s, T9o and 57s. I know he's calling my reraise but I also KNOW with absolute certainty that I have him crushed.

The original raiser (UTG+1) has raise-folded four times in the last three orbits.

I'm in 15th position here with only 9 getting the seat to move on and I've only got a little more than half the stack of the 9th place player. In this situation, can I seriously afford to be folding KK?
Old 03-01-2007, 03:57 PM

holy [censored] my dell 30 inch monitor just arrived..this thing is even bigger than I imagined
Old 03-01-2007, 04:12 PM

OK, so I'm thinking of:

1) pledging 2% of my earn for the month to charity
2) starting a fundraising drive for sttf, we would:
a) vote on a charity
b) pledge some % of our month
c) go go go.

Anyone interested?
Old 03-01-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
holy [censored] my dell 30 inch monitor just arrived..this thing is even bigger than I imagined

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what she said.
Closed Thread