View Poll Results: Hands Per Day
Less than 500 34 35.05%
500-1000 28 28.87%
1000-2000 26 26.80%
2000-3000 5 5.15%
4000+ 4 4.12%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Hacker Attack (All Info Game Thread - Feb 19 Start)

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, my strategy contribution. I hesitate to say this, because as soon as I post it, most people will decide to do the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't worry Zurv, I had decided we should do the opposite before you posted it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2007, 11:34 AM

Zurvan, I am with you except for coming out. If you are not a worthwhile seer then I think you do the best you can to name wolves and villagers as normal. Coming out and saying it just crosses you off the list for the wolves.

I suspect wolves will claim 'useless seer' more often than the other types.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Zurvan, I am with you except for coming out. If you are not a worthwhile seer then I think you do the best you can to name wolves and villagers as normal. Coming out and saying it just crosses you off the list for the wolves.

I suspect wolves will claim 'useless seer' more often than the other types.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, that was kinda dumb. I was thinking, about insane seers there, but they're as good as a real seer.

The main point I'm trying to make is, don't post your peeks every day, only post them when you think you have some valid information to be gained by doing so.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:38 AM

Right, and if you are not a worthwhile seer then you should do your best to make the wolves think you are. Having the wolves kill a paranoid or naive seer is a pretty decent result.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:38 AM

Guys,
I have a really good plan. I have to keep it secret in order for it to work. Rest assured, it's a good plan and worthy of my name.

However, I will say this:
I am peeking somebody I consider to be a good player today.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also as my previous posts imply it is imperative that everyone post their correct peeks every day and not FPS them even if you suspect that you are a real seer and may get eaten for posting it (Luckay I am talking to you).

[/ QUOTE ]

herbie,

why would we do this? Seems like the wolves will have 1/2 of us crossed off their "real seer" list on the 1st day.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because insane seers are just as useful as real seers. I can see that a lot of people disagree with me here but the basic points of my strategy are this.

1. Compile all peeks and keep a list of who could be what kind of seer and who couldn't

2. Narrow down what type of seer each person could be or couldn't be based on their lists

3. Use this information later on to hopefully be able to clear people as villagers or nail wolves with a high degree of probability.

In the first 2-3 days everyone's peeks are going to be completely useless. In the endgame the peeks of people who died the first 2-3 days are going to be very valuable to us. Also we get a lot more information based on who gets eaten each night if everyone is posting peeks every day - we just have to use that information carefully
Old 02-19-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, my strategy contribution. I hesitate to say this, because as soon as I post it, most people will decide to do the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't worry Zurv, I had decided we should do the opposite before you posted it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[ QUOTE ]

But, the first 3 or 4 days, you should be trying to peek people that are likely to die, to calibrate your seerness as much as possible. We should not be posting peek info. That allows the wolves to [censored] with us too much, and narrows down the real seer possibilities for them very quickly.

Once you think you have yourself nailed down in terms of usefulness, then come out. If you think you're a real seer, try to get a few peeks of people unlikely to die. If you think you're NOT a real seer, say so, and say why. But listing peeks daily is ridiculous. Durron might as well post a list of real seers in thread on Wednesday for the wolves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this almost %100. But would it be correct to come out so early? Why not try and get a few peaks in before the wolfs get you? Of course you'd be gambling that you didn't get nightkilled. But its probably going to take 6 or 7 nights minimum before anyone has 3 peeks and corresponding kills, so if by then we are lucky enough to get a wolf or two, and you have a couple wolf-peeks yourself, then perhaps coming out would be smart. But if all 7 wolfs remain and you only have 1, then I think gambling is probably smarter. But we are getting ahead of ourseleves.

kbar

I wish the Lord would go ahead and take me, my back is in spasms and I can't hardly stand it.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:41 AM

im going to just assume anyone who does nothing but talk strategy is a wolf.