Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2007, 03:59 AM

Default Re: Beat: People think I\'m a Bum. BBV, help me Brag?

The answer to all of this is very clear: Go back to school, get your education, embark on an upper-middle class white collar career, marry an average looking woman, buy a 3 bedroom house in the suburbs that you will be paying the mortgage on for the next 30 years, have 1.5 kids, and pursue a socially acceptable life of mediocrity, all the while feeling generally unfulfilled and empty inside.

If you follow these instructions, noone will ever question you as being a bum again.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Buy the bank that holds the mortgage on their house and foreclose at the first opportunity along with a nice personal note that says " DO YOU SEE!? Then proceed to take them into a dark basement, tie them to a chair and force them to watch videos of your bad beats, after each of which you will repeat "DO YOU SEE!?"

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Forgot to add the requisite FYP.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my experiences are a lot more like shaniacs when i tell ppl. most think its cool as hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

you run good @ life

[/ QUOTE ]

mine are too, and I run with the NYC young professional crowd more than anyone else.

college kids are likely not to know or care what poker is and assume all 20-somethings out of school are losers. people who know you've graduated law school but play poker for a living can guess that it makes financial sense for you to do so. it's mad fun seeing them jealous. holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I didn't graduate law school like you. I dropped out of college.

I guess I act embarassed when I say what I do, which could be a big reason why I get the reactions I do. I'm not really embarrased, I just hate talking about it, and also hate to sound cocky. I also picture the other 90% of kids my age who say the words "I'm a professional poker player" and that just makes me act more embarrased.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, so, if this makes you feel bad, cultivate an image that makes it obvious you are not a random college dropout. This shouldn't be very hard...it's just like bluffing, only you have far more control over the variables. holla.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The answer to all of this is very clear: Go back to school, get your education, embark on an upper-middle class white collar career, marry an average looking woman, buy a 3 bedroom house in the suburbs that you will be paying the mortgage on for the next 30 years, have 1.5 kids, and pursue a socially acceptable life of mediocrity, all the while feeling generally unfulfilled and empty inside.

If you follow these instructions, noone will ever question you as being a bum again.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHHAHA this might be the best post ever
Old 02-18-2007, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I find your problem to be peculiar...when I tell some stranger or distant acquaintance that I am a poker player, their eyes usually light up and they become interested to some degree or another. Mostly they ask some uninformed or strange question, like "do you play poker on tv or on the internet or what?" Sometimes, they act incredulous, and, yeah they usually got a poker story of their own; but it's rare that I meet someone who can't begin to wrap his mind around the fact that I play poker full-time, for a living.

I don't know you or your offline personality at all, but I would say you shouldn't go out of your way to impress anyway by getting a "baller watch" or telling them you are an actor, or even do those things by way of "explanation." Now, if you want to wear a blinged-out watch, or aspire to become a performing artist, then go with that, but you should never have to pretend to be something you're not comfortable and familiar with.

Anyway, it's generally not rewarding to hang out with people who can't begin to understand that college isn't for everyone and that there are limitless paths to pursue in life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, handle this like shaniac.

Yugoslav
Old 02-18-2007, 04:51 AM

Honestly who cares what other people think. If your making good money and your happy, that should be all that matters. Just say your an investor. If they ask what, tell them that it's a sensitive matter and you have signed a non-disclosure clause. As you do this, check the time on your Patek watch and say "I gotta go meet with potiental investors" and jump in your SL. Don't worry about others; you could be making money instead of wasting your time on trivial stuff like that. Holla.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly who cares what other people think. If your making good money and your happy, that should be all that matters. Just say your an investor. If they ask what, tell them that it's a sensitive matter and you have signed a non-disclosure clause. As you do this, check the time on your Patek watch and say "I gotta go meet with potiental investors" and jump in your SL. Don't worry about others; you could be making money instead of wasting your time on trivial stuff like that. Holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I don't own a watch or a car. I've never bought anything over $5k.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

phil plz quit typing. before you know it people wont think the sihb are the most balling group on the internet.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

phil plz quit typing. before you know it people wont think the sihb are the most balling group on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant that I haven't bought anything over $5k today.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:29 AM

just say youre a professional balla and then burn a hundo in front of the PUTA POLIZIAAAAAA