Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Is Hasuwip 2p2??

[ QUOTE ]
i usede to play all the time with this guy and thought he was a semi big fish and used to pund the sheit out of him getting out of line. But i did notice after awhile that he wasn't completely horrible. And was tricky and somewhat tough on certain hands. I think he is the type of guy if you running good or ok you will destroy him as he tries to play you off every hand and gives you heavy action. But if you running cold can make life a little tough as when you missin the flop he will be taking it away from you. Overall though i wasn't impressed. I mentioned this in the game one time and he and others in the game said he was one of the best. I found it hard to believe. Does he cheat? who knows. I used to wonder that about everyone in that game and the possible clicks that play that 100-200 game. What about "call me down fish" was this guy good? He is another guy hard to tell if fish or good.

This is ThreeBetman who used to play on party btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, good old 3BM -- we used to have many pitched battles...but mostly just kept out of each other's way on the 15/30 BBJ tables, perhaps some of the greatest tables online at that time.

You were pretty good...at first, much too ABC: you were like 19/8, and pretty easy to move off hands...but i noticed that some time last year you were up to around 22/12 (full ring stats), and noticeably better. I'm surprised to hear you label Hasu and Callmedown "horrible"...perhaps just a pet peeve of mine, though, when any time someone on these boards posts a hand that was anything but perfectly played, ppl r quick to label the guy an absolute donkey. And hey, if that's what gets you off, more power to you. But there's no denying that Hasu is one of the elite players in that game. I'm sure he makes mistakes like we all do. If you went over my last 1,000 hands, I bet you could pick out at least a dozen that make me look like a complete noob. But calling him "horrible" is just silly.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:26 PM

the truly great players do lots of things that look donkey.

it's sorta like as you move up in limits, you learn a basic set of guidelines and principles that'll help you pound morons.

then, you move higher into games where you're playing lots of pots against good players, and, in order to beat a good player, you have to unlearn lots of the things you learned to get you to that point.

and so, to get to the next level, there's that genius/insanity line, and to mere mortals, it's tough to tell the difference; and likewise, even to experts, it's sometimes tough to tell the difference.

but to truly be great, you're definitely going to do things that look donkey, that much i know for fact.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:55 PM

yeah, i pretty much agree with schneids' post here. abc != winner
Old 02-20-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the truly great players do lots of things that look donkey.

it's sorta like as you move up in limits, you learn a basic set of guidelines and principles that'll help you pound morons.

then, you move higher into games where you're playing lots of pots against good players, and, in order to beat a good player, you have to unlearn lots of the things you learned to get you to that point.

and so, to get to the next level, there's that genius/insanity line, and to mere mortals, it's tough to tell the difference; and likewise, even to experts, it's sometimes tough to tell the difference.

but to truly be great, you're definitely going to do things that look donkey, that much i know for fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a really good post Mike. Good stuff.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:44 AM

What was your name on there? Too abc?lol a pet peeve of mine as well. Just like you say about the unorthodox players is your pet peeve mine is when the abc guy gets insulted. The abc actually gets the money and the movers and shakers have huge swings and dont make as much as the abc. I think when i played just abc i destroyed the games on party. And my numbers went up cause i used to go on tilt and say its time to shove it up there azzez lol. Sure i was much more dangerous in an individual hand when playing loose aggressive BUT earning less money. What i mean by this is when you play agaisnt an over-aggressive nut job(like i was when on tilt, and hasu is usually, and call me down fish is always) we are dangerous opponents in an individual hand because are hands are hard to read but doesnt mean we are playing the best. It slike we gonna go down goin off like mad men but we gonna bring you down with us sorta. The abc isnt getting out of line and putting himslef in bad situations so will make more money. The nut jobs get the glory when running good and playing crazy but the quiet abc gets the real money. Many disagree with this but it is absolutely correct imo. I think the best is too play crazy get an image of a hasu, or call me down fish,or threebetman on tilt. Then just play abc and people give you tons of action from seeing some of your past plays. I was one of the best btw not just pretty good hehe. til i went on tilt at 100-200 and gave them all my money in the 6 handed games. I beat the full 100-200 good but got destoyed 6 handed games. Probably was cheated but also run over by being outplayed shorthanded.

I didn't say they were horrible(hasu and call me down fish). I said i thought they were horrible at first then realized they weren't horrible. I think they had a very bad technical game. Meaning there preflop was horrendous for pro standards. Which severly hurts there earn. BUT they are tough thinking players postflop(especially call me down fish, hasu sometimes just nuts) who make you life miserable if your missing flops. If they some ABC preflop play they might be top players. But imo are only small winner if there lucky in full ring games. Short handed they are more of a terror and probably big winners. Call me down fish might be the best shorthanded player i ever played against. He made the mistake of playing full too though.

Sorry if that was long but you got me reminiscing(sp?) about the past. What was your name on there? I dont rmemebr teddy fbi was it that? There were so many teddy kgb's fbi's i mixed them all up.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:47 AM

Could you give example or examples of some plays you've seen or done that looked donkey but were genius? Not being sarcastic just interested in heairng a few hands if you have any?
Old 02-21-2007, 12:11 PM

one of my favourites is bluff check-raising the river when the runner runner flush comes in against a weak tight nit. Works often enough to be very profitable. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one of my favourites is bluff check-raising the river when the runner runner flush comes in against a weak tight nit. Works often enough to be very profitable. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow I didn't find any of these players in the old party 1/2, except maybe myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2007, 09:03 PM

Hasu is very good player. Especially because he's very quickly learn. I played against him a lot and if earlier i saw that i'm good at reading him, cause he was a lot like a mirror of myself some time ago. Now i find him at higher level of understanding than myself, probably because i'm lazy ass and play last half year really little or maybe because he's more tiltless and accurate. Anyway i like playing with him at party- it's quite usefull assuming i some day will be finally succesfull in moving my bankroll to pokerstars:-)

And he's not a cheater. (Though these words are probably meaningless here)
Old 02-21-2007, 09:31 PM

Lol peter, hasu is in fact the player that tilt the most. Seriously he tilts even more than me which is insane.