Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 11:14 PM

Default Re: The Well: B00T

[ QUOTE ]
My understanding is that the sites will close your account or give you lines with more juice if they suspect you are a scalper. How do you avoid this? Have you ever had your account closed?

Have you ever been ripped offf by a site or been screwed when placing a middle?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been banned at places, and I've had my limits cut at others. It's really part of the game.

Think back to Goodfellas where Henry first got pinched and everyone was at the courthouse clapping for him. That's basically what it is like getting cutoff at VIP, SIA, and other dumb places.

I've been ripped off in the sense lines have moved on me and I eat several hundred dollars in losses, or be exposed more times than I'd like to remember. It really comes with the territory. I've luckily never had a book cancel a wager I've made. Part of this is because I tend to shy away from obvious errors and not try to exploit them

I value the books that I use, and don't want to do things that draws attention to myself. I am pretty timid compared to others when it comes to this kind of thing. I have seen many people get bets cancelled or yelled at over email or when you phone in. I value staying under the radar more than others.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is making a living on scalping still possible even without Pinny?

[/ QUOTE ]

Taking the question at face value: No, I don't think its possible. Surely you could turn a profit with other sites, but "making a living" to me is much more than 50k considering you aren't going to get a promotion, you have no benefits, etc etc.

I don't think any former U.S. scalper is going to continue scalping without Pinnacle. Those still into the scene will one way or another find a way back on, and the rest will just move on to something else.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:27 PM

Have you ever considered spending time actually betting on sports? I mean anything non-arbing/middling. Perhaps for a living?
Old 02-07-2007, 11:31 PM

It will definitely cross my mind in the future I'm sure. If I was asked this 2 months ago, my answer would of been 100% no.

With all the stuff I have learned from arbing, I bet I could make a lot of +EV bets by just betting the non-pinnacle side. In my experience along with the ArbCentral rebate model, you can just straight bet the non-pinnacle side and turn a profit.

1 month out of the last 10 I have turned a profit at Pinnacle. The majority of the time I was down heavy into the 5 figures each month. If I just didn't hedge anything I'd be up whatever I have lost at Pinnacle, give or take 5% of the total. I am definitely unsure of how much variance there is or doing any RoR calcs to see what my unit size should/would be.

I may look into this, although I think I'll continue what I have been doing in the near future.

Edit: Very good question by the way. I think this type of thing would be very good for a syndicate. I'll keep you in mind if I decide to go down that avenue. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-07-2007, 11:40 PM

Try playing the non Pinny side of an arb for like $100 bucks or whatever until you become Canadian (full trip report on how you accomplish this please) and maybe you'll get an idea on what you're missing without worrying about the variance.

edit: lol, i can be sold to the highest bidder
Old 02-08-2007, 12:29 AM

1. When you spoke of the person who was having that wedding, was that Homer?

2. Was it your wedding with Homer?

3. Do you talk smack about how much money you make arbing?

4. Do you ride dirtay because you can? What if you were a huge lucksack like Dave?

5. Do you think saying "Bleck people are lucky [censored] with their year round tan" or "Slavery > Hanging" is more racist?

6. Why is Thremp such a bitch?

7. If you had to name your biggest fanboy, who would it be?

8. If you could choose your biggest fanboy, who would it be?
Old 02-08-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. When you spoke of the person who was having that wedding, was that Homer?

2. Was it your wedding with Homer?

3. Do you talk smack about how much money you make arbing?

4. Do you ride dirtay because you can? What if you were a huge lucksack like Dave?

5. Do you think saying "Bleck people are lucky [censored] with their year round tan" or "Slavery > Hanging" is more racist?

6. Why is Thremp such a bitch?

7. If you had to name your biggest fanboy, who would it be?

8. If you could choose your biggest fanboy, who would it be?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Boy did I luck out. Thremp is on a one week IP ban.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2007, 12:55 AM

Nice to know you are a SUNY Albany graduate B00t. I am currently going to school there and that is where I got introduced to sports betting.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Try playing the non Pinny side of an arb for like $100 bucks or whatever until you become Canadian (full trip report on how you accomplish this please) and maybe you'll get an idea on what you're missing without worrying about the variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much what I'm doing now. 6-3 last night, so I'm clearly a long-term 60%+ winner.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:30 AM

b00t,

gonna pay attention in 2p2 keeper this year?

bug