Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: \"He has to like her more\"

"Since telling the father could trigger a breakup and leave the child without proper support, the hospital keeps the secret."

WTF
Old 02-07-2007, 01:54 PM

"Morgan Wise remembers how in 1999 the doctor rose from his chair, walked around the desk and sat down in front of him. Mr. Wise's youngest son had been diagnosed with cystic fibrosis years earlier, but a medical test showed Mr. Wise did not carry a CF gene.
"My first thought was that they must have misdiagnosed my son," the 40-year-old railway engineer from Big Spring, Tex., said in an interview this week.
But then the doctor looked him squarely in the eye and said: "Morgan, do you have any reason to think this boy might not be yours?"

The possibility seemed outlandish. He had been married to the same woman for 13 years and they had had three boys and a girl before they broke up in 1996. But for peace of mind, he decided to go ahead with paternity tests.
In March, 1999, the results arrived by mail -- a creased piece of paper telling him that not one of the three boys was his.

"I felt anger toward [my first wife] and sadness, and I felt so sorry for my kids," Mr. Wise recalled. "I told my boys, 'I love you all, you'll always be my sons, the only difference is now I'm not your birth father.' "
Despite this revelation, a district court judge ruled that Mr. Wise had to continue paying child support for the three boys. Based on a 500-year-old common law, most states operate on the presumption that a husband is the father of any child born to his wife during a marriage.

Mr. Wise took his case to the media, hoping to generate political support and contact other men in a similar situation. Instead, he angered the judge, who revoked his visitation rights to the children but left him responsible for $1,100 (U.S.) in monthly support."

Hahahahahaahha.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:33 PM

this is the worst beat ever
Old 02-07-2007, 03:48 PM

That judge should be given the death penalty.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:35 PM

Don't ever give a girl your time. You can be crazy about her but just don't show it if you plan on staying with her. Keep her wanting more. Attack her insecurities. This way she'll always try to impress you and be after you. Never talk about your own insecurities. Lie if you have to.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:58 PM

That does seem high, but Robin Baker reported studies of men in the 1940s showed 47-49% of men frequented prostitutes at least once, which sounds absurdly high, but there it is. 15% said they visited regularly.

What would it be today?