Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: The Well: iMsoLucky0 (2.6.07)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If given the chance to have 50% of 3 2+2'ers in the WSOP ME (for free), who do you take?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Alex Jacob (AJo Go All In)
2) Shaniac
3) Rizen

[/ QUOTE ]

If any of these 3 players offered to swap you 20% of the ME, would you swap? 5%? 50%? 80%? 100%?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually don't like to trade more than 3% of myself with any individual but sometimes I'll do 5%. I would definitely trade with any of the three though.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh dude, i totally realized i spent a whole day cursing you up and down at 2006 WSOP.

We were at same first table of the second 2500 shot handed NL event, you were on my left.

I raised up AK, you reraise, and some spaz called. It folded back to me and i called since it was the first time you reraised me pre though i'd been active for a few hands.

Flop: K Q 7 rainbow
I check you fire out a bet for most of my stack, the other guy (who was short) called and i put the rest of mine in and you called.

I showed AK, you showed Q4, the other dude showed AK.

Turn: 4
River: X

I spent the rest of the day telling people how some stupid [censored] reraising Q4 nailed me. I figured you were just some donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, yea I remember that hand v clearly now. Like you said though you'd started opening a bunch of pots and this was the first hand I had played back so I guess I overestimated my fold equity.

This was like my 2nd event at the World Series this year and my first WSOP cash/deep run and really about the time I think things started clicking for me live (I'm not saying I played the hand well, I think I learned a lot from the mistakes I made in this hand and that tournament as a whole). I don't do stuff like that quite as often anymore early in tournaments.

And I'm sure I deserved every curse word you threw at me.

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries, i think it was the 3rd hand in a row i'd opened, and on the flop u don't have many other choices.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Top 3 biggest online wins?

[/ QUOTE ]

80,000, 77,000, and like 5 wins in the 45-55k range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored]

Will you teach me?
Old 02-06-2007, 04:56 PM

timex, you need to coach people on how to stake people well. Seriously. You're almost getting more than me from the aussie millions.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
timex, you need to coach people on how to stake people well. Seriously. You're almost getting more than me from the aussie millions.

[/ QUOTE ]

1)Find people who don't suck(ie. not ajunglen)
2)...
3)...
4)...
5) Profit
Old 02-06-2007, 05:07 PM

TIA for giving back!

I am a recreational player who enjoys live MTTs so much so that I have been to Vegas 6-8 times in the past year to play. This year, I have booked my trip to the WSOP to play in a $1,500 buy-in NL event. (3X my largest event so far).

How do you recommend a WSOP noob prepare? What on-line events would you recommend? What live events (esp. in LV)?

I'm a decent winning player on FT & PS but its only a hobby for me so I won't be putting in 20+ hours a week. I'm really interested in your thoughts on how a rec player can best prepare to get the most out of the experience as the $$ isn't very interesting to me and certainly won't change my life.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:12 PM

Do you consider U2 one of the top five greatest rock n roll bands ever?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:06 PM

How would you rate the following, in order, on how important they are to becoming a successful player? Ignore steps necessary to become a basic player. Are there any of them you think are absolutely necessary? Is there anything that should be added to this list (besides the obvious, like "play a lot")?

* Self-analysis (studying hand histories, analyzing play in a hand etc)
* Book reading
* 2+2/other forum (or asynchronous of any type) discussions (both posting own hands, discussing others, theory etc)
* IM discussions with peers/better players
* Coaches
* Staying in shape
* Playing different games than NLHE (Omaha, Stud etc) and/or cash/SNGs

Finally, how do _you_ stay focused on your play and not TV/your gf/the dog/2+2/whatever? This is probably my (and a lot of others', from what I've seen here..) biggest problem at times, even if I'm playing at stakes that should make me care.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:18 PM

Nice hands. I like hand 2 where the button actually thinks his AA is still good after you smooth call on that flop.

I have heard some pros talk about bad players at their tables and in one hand they'll talk about a guy who can can't get away from his overpairs and how bad he is, but in the next they talk about a guy who can get pushed off his top pair/overpair hands. You seem to pick up a lot of chips differentiating between these two players by observing their situation and previous play. If you throw out the occasional monster cooler hands and big bluffs, most of big stack tournament poker seems to come down to how well you play your one pair/A high hands. How do you balance your play as to not become one of these exploitable characters? Also, what are some other common weaknesses you exploit at the table? Do you have examples where you exploited someone who likes to squeeze play by just smooth calling a preflop raise or raising a blocking/information bet with nothing?
Old 02-06-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait, you're married? How old are you anyway?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I'm married. I'm 22. Been married like a year and a half to my high school sweetheart.

[/ QUOTE ]

loser.