Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Interesting Washington Post Article About NETELLER

[ QUOTE ]
Their status as a legitimate company is at stake and they should continue to lie just to be consistent.

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, I love it.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:25 PM

I don't know if this has been mentioned (I would assume it has). If everyone at a one branch bank went to get their money on the same day the bank would not have that money. If they didn't have the ability to borrow they would have to liquidate all of those assets ASAP which would cost them a fortune. They can continue to lie but it is obvious what has happened and they really have no incentive to give us our money in a timely manner.

I still am baffled at why the sites we frequent are still doing business with them. IMO the sites feel as vulnerable thus causing a certain amount of empathy on their part.

No site we play at should be doing business with Neteller until we get all of our money back. Plain and Simple.

Our money is not frozen, its not in trust, it is being held against our will.

Every site we play at should demand that we get our money back or they will not do business with them. If one site did this I would play there and so should all of you.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this has been mentioned (I would assume it has). If everyone at a one branch bank went to get their money on the same day the bank would not have that money. If they didn't have the ability to borrow they would have to liquidate all of those assets ASAP which would cost them a fortune. They can continue to lie but it is obvious what has happened and they really have no incentive to give us our money in a timely manner.

I still am baffled at why the sites we frequent are still doing business with them. IMO the sites feel as vulnerable thus causing a certain amount of empathy on their part.

No site we play at should be doing business with Neteller until we get all of our money back. Plain and Simple.

Our money is not frozen, its not in trust, it is being held against our will.

Every site we play at should demand that we get our money back or they will not do business with them. If one site did this I would play there and so should all of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will do it on pokerstars if everyone else will do it too.

Somebody on here with some leadership credibility (well that narrows it down) choose a 24 hour period and just say no... to playing on pokerstars.

I can only help out with pokerstars since that is the only site I have money on. (Thanks Green Devil)

Tuff
Old 02-05-2007, 09:52 PM

I am really not suggesting a boycott, nor do I think one would be effective. Shouldn't they stop doing business with them on the basis that they have been decietful with everyone and few truth's have come from them recently?

Why would any site be supporting Neteller at the moment.

One thing that could happen is all of our Canadian and European brethren could withdraw a certain amount on a given day and post it as a means of solidarity.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that Neteller holds large reserves to cover any fraud/chargebacks. If the rooms stopped doing business with Neteller they could find themselves in the same boat so many US players are in as they would certainly be at the end of the line.

My biggest fear is a total Neteller collapse. Neteller owes each and every room a fortune. They carry a rolling reserve of what I understand is 60 days. If they go bust then this would have a ripple effect on the industry as weak rooms would almost certainly fail.

This is worst case scenario but it is not impossible. Hopefully Neteller can at least stay afloat for another 45 days or so and pay the rooms the money they owe them.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mark J. Mershon, FBI assistant director, last month cautioned that companies handling Americans' offshore bets "amount to a colossal criminal enterprise masquerading as legitimate business."

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl
Old 02-06-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that Neteller holds large reserves to cover any fraud/chargebacks. If the rooms stopped doing business with Neteller they could find themselves in the same boat so many US players are in as they would certainly be at the end of the line.

My biggest fear is a total Neteller collapse. Neteller owes each and every room a fortune. They carry a rolling reserve of what I understand is 60 days. If they go bust then this would have a ripple effect on the industry as weak rooms would almost certainly fail.

This is worst case scenario but it is not impossible. Hopefully Neteller can at least stay afloat for another 45 days or so and pay the rooms the money they owe them.

[/ QUOTE ]

good info PA