Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: USA Today article - Neteller

i will speculate. i dont kow the exacts of all the laws.
The US hasnt siezed the funds, rather they cant be siezed since not in the US. The stock is frozen i think? executives want to sell off shares first. The arrests of NT employes is bad; therefor NT has drozen funds as leverage for some court deals..

IE: well release that money to the players as long as our guys walk, and there is no future lawsuits.

i dunno. just what id do.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:23 AM

There has to be quite a few pissed off people right now, if people knew this would be the result of the new legislation I think people would have been fighting it a lot more actively(and gotten their monies out b4 this). Something has to be done about this and everyone should keep calling their representitives and crap. Everyone is talking crap about the PPA but atleast they are doing something, unlike alot of other people.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is actually a great thing these morons at the DOJ have done. NOTHING is going to mobilize gamblers more than their funds being seized by what I consider criminals in their own right.. That's right - THE DOJ. They are theives. It's time to ban together and get that UIGEA bullsh*t repealed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, we have no political power to get UIGEA repealed. We didn't even have enough political power to get more than 3 votes to go our way.

I've got 5 large pending and I'm hoping that I don't get screwed too. It sucks, but I'm holding out hope.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It sounds to me like Neteller might be holding the funds of US citizens hostage so that people will start writing their Congressmen and get the FBI off their back. And they get the added bonus of continuing to collect interest on your funds in the meantime.

This situation is looking worse by the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the local congressman will agree with the feds, not Neteller customer's.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually if the local congressman's disctrict has lots of Neteller customers, that congressman should side with the customers as they are the people that get said congressman elected.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is actually a great thing these morons at the DOJ have done. NOTHING is going to mobilize gamblers more than their funds being seized by what I consider criminals in their own right.. That's right - THE DOJ. They are theives. It's time to ban together and get that UIGEA bullsh*t repealed.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ this "mobilizing gamblers". Gamblers aren't going to do [censored].
Old 02-02-2007, 03:39 AM

People in this boards have been on denial since everything started (as gamblers generally are).
It is allways difficult to accept that your way of living is changing, and it is certainly easiest to ignore the red flags.

The truth is that things have been happening a little at a time. First few bad news, then another, etc... small steps as it is the custom in this kind of actions. People have been given all the warnings and have had plenty of time to withdraw and protect themselves.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, we have no political power to get UIGEA repealed. We didn't even have enough political power to get more than 3 votes to go our way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Soem peopel probobly had no incentive to try to sway votes or whatever, now that they are screwing around with peoples money, more people will be activetly fighting things that screw around with their ability to get their money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2007, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People in this boards have been on denial since everything started (as gamblers generally are).
It is allways difficult to accept that your way of living is changing, and it is certainly easiest to ignore the red flags.

[/ QUOTE ]
What exactly have they been in denial about?
Old 02-02-2007, 04:00 AM

That something like this would happen and that it was unwise to have too much money swimming around in cyberspace (poker sites included).
Old 02-02-2007, 11:37 AM

Happy Birthday Green Devil!!!