Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: 2/4 i make a ridiculous fold

ok, why dont you post some hands he's played? let's see...
Old 02-01-2007, 07:23 PM

Ok, I don't have his full stats on this computer, but when I get home later I will post them. Basically, when I gave those reads, it was over this session (guess last 100-150 hands or so). This was the first time I think the villain cold-called in position that I remember seeing. On this particular table, I was picking up lots of raising hands so I think I was like 26/20 or something like that. This is pretty high above my normal stats, which are much nittier, like 19/14 or so. If it matters much, this guy was on several of my tables, so I don't think he's some random guy.

I think everyone who is saying call the flop, c/f turn with no improvement type stuff are way wrong. He is betting turn 100% of time, so calling flop, turns my hand into basically drawing for a 2-outer. If I'm calling flop, it is with intention of c/r allin turn, or c/c turn and bet allin on river, or maybe c/c allin or something because he will keep firing.

Note: This is only the second pot we have played together postflop this session. All the rest have been 3-bet preflop by one of us. His cold call was the first time I'd seen it this session vs ANY RAISE (although I was on a few tables and may have missed him completing a SB or calling a small raise from the BB or something).
Old 02-01-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, why dont you post some hands he's played? let's see...

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure a 13/10 3-bets those pf.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:36 PM

dont put too much stock in those stats. the fact that he's 13/10 doesnt tell you much about how he specifically plays big pairs, HU, in position, against the preflop raiser.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:14 PM

you beat one hand and tie the other aces. it's fine.

to those saying he has QQ/JJ here, no he doesn't. at least not nearly enough to have any significant % relevance in the decision.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:40 PM

lol, I agree, if you fold this in a 6-max game, you're very easily exploitable, I dont see how you can fold on the flop.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, I agree, if you fold this in a 6-max game, you're very easily exploitable, I dont see how you can fold on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i fold AA everytime i get raised. come on.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes he will be very easily exploited by all of the other 13/10's out there who will get out of line vs him exactly once every 400 hands but not vs anyone else. he quite obviously needs to simply never fold vs anyone no matter what in order to make sure that the nits/rocks continue to not bluff him.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like a beautifull one to do it on. What am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

ur missing the fact that 13/10 ubernits DONT THINK THIS WAY OTHERWISE THEY WOULDNT BE 13/10 UBERNITS
Old 02-02-2007, 07:59 AM

This guy has an aggression factor of 22? I don't care if its a smallish sample size, it's still an aggression factor of 22! Seems like he has played raise or fold poker every hand you have seen him play.

He could easily be a fish who raises the flop with any piece of it (TPGK,underpair, 2nd pair) just to "see where he stands". Or he could easily have air.

How do you think this guy plays 99/TT/JJ? Since he never calls, is it not conceivable that he would raise to "see where he stands"? This is a retarded way of thinking, but alot of players think like that.

So call and check the turn. If his hand is weak he'll probably check behind. Saying that he'll never check behind is ridiculous.

Folding here is terrible.