Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Fashion - Going Out (Without Coming Out!)

[ QUOTE ]
Wookie,

IIRC, braided belts were pretty sweet around the late '80s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap, I wore them till like '95!

(note: I was 14 in 1995)
Old 02-01-2007, 04:23 AM

jesus, all those jackets in those pics fit like crap. sleeves are too long, shoulders too big, everything is too big.

for suits and whatnots, pretty much size down from whatever youre used to and definitely take it to a tailor before you ever wear it out in public.

brands dont matter much as long as the fit is spot on. the most luxurious super 160 wools dont mean anything if you look like youre wearing your dad's clothes.

and spend some money on shoes. chicks love shoes and will notice your shoes. make sure theyre not scuffed. for sneakers, classic white AF1's and dunks are good. Adidas Stan Smiths are classic. Try to find a sneaker boutique in your city.

if all else fails, wear black. nobody looks bad in black. don't try to get creative. the only people who can get away with that already do it naturally and dont need tips on a poker forum.

this kind of stuff should be taught in school.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:15 AM

Spend some extra $$$ on good jeans. In terms of brands you can't really go wrong with Sevens. They're pretty consistently good across the board. If you want something a little edgier Rock and Republic has some pretty cool stuff.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:43 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

Wook/ED,

I'd say I barely get away with t-shirt and blazer these days, as it is a little overdone. I think my only shot is that I usually wear "obscure" band t-shirts, like friends bands, or old hardcore bands. (Not like a shins or vintage g and r shirt or anythng), also the blazer I wear is usually a very worn tan cotton banana republic blazer, or a very worn suit jacket. I'm not trying to go for a look, rather, when I go out, I like to wear my band t-shirts, and I like to have pockets without wearing a big coat.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I need advice with shoes. I have all the tennis shoes I need right now, but would like to get a pair of stylish casual shoes (think puma) and one nice pair of shoes (think brown and try to avoid dress shoes). Advice on brands/styles/specific shoe?

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one pair of shoes that I wear everywhere. They go well formal, informal, casual, hiking in the woods, you name it.

http://www.blundstone.com/product_in...goryID=130277#
Old 02-01-2007, 05:53 AM

[censored],
FWIW I think Portland is a bad barometer for style. There are basically 3 kinds of people here:
A) Hipsters
B) Wannabe Hipsters
C) Yuppies

I don't really fit into any of those but am not naturally from here. I like the suit coat look sometimes, but I think the velvet is NOT the way to go. I would go with a nice suit coat, possibly dark grey or navy blue if you really want to rock the suit coat.

~J
Old 02-01-2007, 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Spend some extra $$$ on good jeans. In terms of brands you can't really go wrong with Sevens. They're pretty consistently good across the board. If you want something a little edgier Rock and Republic has some pretty cool stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good dollars on jeans is a must. I've worn Hugo Boss jeans for ever. I have a pair that I bought seven years ago that is still perfect. No fading, no holes, washed heaps. Pay the extra bucks.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
one nice pair of shoes (think brown and try to avoid dress shoes). Advice on brands/styles/specific shoe?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my pair of nice brown casual shoes:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/16439348/c/827.html
Old 02-01-2007, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as shoes go, what are the thoughts on sandals? Many of the folks I know wear "nice" sandals (birkenstocks) with just about everything. I really like to rock the sandals in the summer, but only with shorts and the linen shirts that I have. Can you wear sandals with casual pants and not look stupid? What brands of sandals are the best?

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind that I know nothing about style, but I have always though that sandals with anything but shorts look a little weird. The only person I know who does that is my uncle, and he's in his 70's.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As far as shoes go, what are the thoughts on sandals? Many of the folks I know wear "nice" sandals (birkenstocks) with just about everything. I really like to rock the sandals in the summer, but only with shorts and the linen shirts that I have. Can you wear sandals with casual pants and not look stupid? What brands of sandals are the best?

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind that I know nothing about style, but I have always though that sandals with anything but shorts look a little weird. The only person I know who does that is my uncle, and he's in his 70's.

[/ QUOTE ]

GR,

Evidently you know more than you think.

And don’t change the subject, when are we having gnocchi?

RJT