Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Re: I want to start threads too / suggestions thread - II

I haven't read through the suggestions thread, but I've been thinking that there should be a general "What's Cooking In the Kitchen" thread. This would be a place for people who are experimenting in the kitchen to post whatever it is they're doing without it having to fit into a competition style (such as the current very popular OOT threads) or a particluar niche (BBQ or what have you).
Old 01-31-2007, 11:06 PM

I'd like to see threads on:

How to commit crime X and not get busted. Marijuana grow houses, killing a non-public figure, disappearing on a given budget, etc.

Interesting community service ideas.

apertifs
Old 01-31-2007, 11:16 PM

I want to start a thread about how to pimp my room/apartment, specifically regarding my desk chair, on a low budget. I'm looking to spend somewhere around $100-150 on the chair, preferably towards the low end of that scale.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:34 AM

Location: There\'s no real \"evidence\" for it but it is scientific fact

I'd like to start an "I study at Oxford university, ask me anything" thread if anyone would find it interesting. Usually I find most people (especially from the states) ask quite a few questions (and you'd be surprised how far they are off the mark too) when I tell them where I go.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:02 PM

El D,
This is sort of along the lines of the of the do you believe in God thread but it is very different. I'd like to a start a thread on the value of religion as culture.

I'm Jewish and although I'm not that religious I celebrate most of the major holidays and will do the same if/when I have children. Now I don't really believe in that strongly in the formal religious beliefs of Judaism but they have some value and I also thin it's important to pass on the tradition/culture of the religion. I have other jewish friends who are agnostic/atheist but they still celebrate a lot of the holidays for the tradition/culture. This may be a Jewish specific thing but I'm curious what others think.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:06 PM

how about a thread for doing the finer things in life on a small budget?
Old 02-01-2007, 03:10 PM

I'd like to start a thread about menial jobs. It seems like most posters here are college students or white collar workers, but I bet a lot of us have also had experience working in crap jobs. For instance, I've worked as a dishwasher and a delivery driver. I would like people to share any interesting experiences and also comment on whether they learned anything useful from their crappy jobs.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:45 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

glad we have the original list so we can post multiple god questions.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
El D,

I'm trying to think of a way to inject some humor into the EDF. Getting awful serious around here. Would a GOOD joke thread be too pedestrian?

LFS

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the point of the forum is for it to e a completely serious place where nothing funny happens (aka the lounge) but rather a place where thought and effort of put into posts and threads.

A GOOD joke thread would certainly be welcomed IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

To further the goal of having more thoughtful posts and threads, it may be a good idea to limit the number of new threads per day.

At the current rate, this forum is shooting its load of good ideas and there is a rush to post answers in each thread.

Perhaps the threads will play out better if there is a limited "new menue" each day. Sort of like the chef's specials board.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to start a thread about menial jobs. It seems like most posters here are college students or white collar workers, but I bet a lot of us have also had experience working in crap jobs. For instance, I've worked as a dishwasher and a delivery driver. I would like people to share any interesting experiences and also comment on whether they learned anything useful from their crappy jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this might be pretty cool. I learned a lot working in some crap summer jobs. I think I also learned I'd take a crap blue collar job over a crap white collar one any day.
Closed Thread