Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2007, 07:15 AM

Default BLACKJACK PROBLEM!!!!

Hi, I have been a winning live 20-40 to 50-100 player for the past 2-3 years (playing live fulltime). I have had great success in poker, but my biggest downfall is my apparent addiction to blackjack. I have lost close to 125K during this period on blackjack and I dont understand why I keep doing it. When I go play poker, I have no intention of playing blackjack, but it seems I always find myself playing while I am waiting for my poker seat to open up, on my way to/from the bathroom, etc. Its almost like I dont even realize what I am doing until after I am down a couple thousand. I have lost over 15k a couple of times and it just sickens me and I dont know how to stop. I tell myself I am seriously going to quit BJ, but the most it ever lasts is a couple weeks. This is surprising to for me because I am extremely disciplined at the poker table, but just lose it when it comes to BJ. I used to brag about how much I dumped because I thought it was "cool" that I had so much money to blow without it affecting me, but now it just disgusts me.I am sure there are others who have similar problems. I need suugestions on what to do, I really need help. Thanks in advance