Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Re: irrational and sudden impulses you\'d never really do

Everytime i am holding a firearm, i get the urge/desire to kill someone. It almost scares me sometimes when im in this spot, because i could, right then, if i really wanted to.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:42 PM

There was a thread a while back that linked to a test you could take to see if you were obsessive-compulsive, and one of the questions asked if you ever had the urge to throw people in front of traffic.

I was very relieved to read that thread, because there are times in my life where whenever I'm on a subway platform and a train is approaching, my shoulders get all tense and I become afraid that I am about to push someone in front of the train. I didn't know there was an explanation for it.

-McGee
Old 01-24-2007, 05:45 PM

Whenever I'm in a really boring ordinary situation I get the urge to stir things up. Like if I'm at a bar and everyone's just chatting and it's boring as hell I start getting the urge to just punch someone in the face, or jump over the bar and hurl the bottles at a wall. When I'm standing waiting for a subway I get the urge to hop down on the tracks and run into the tunnel.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:47 PM

At shea stadium i always have the urge to jump off the upper deck on to the crowd below. (when i think of this one i always wonder how much those peoples lives would change seeing some nut jump to his doom in the middle of a baseball game)

I always have urges to punch people in the face when they are talking to me. Especially the elderly.

I have urges to pick babies up and throw them.

I have urges to stab people when i'm making something with a knife.

I sometime have urges to eat an entire bottle of aspirin when i have a headache.

I guess they arent really urges, more of like "wow how crazy would it be if i did x"
Old 01-24-2007, 05:52 PM

Mine aren't violent, but more anti-social. Like in many work situations (I work in an extremely stuffy, humorless environment), I often have to urge to just start saying nonsensical things and yelling. Like "THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA, BWORHARARARHYCHCYHCYAY WHAT THE [censored] ARE YOU THINKING SHIRLOCK?", then take off my shoe and throw a sweaty sock at them.

I also want to say things when people start getting passive-aggressive in my office, as they often do. Nothing ever gets said straight, everybody has to tip toe and walk on eggshells with each other. I want to say "just come right and tell me how you really feel [censored]? Let's just do it if you got the balls, bitch?"

Anyone else have these work related urges?

I like this thread.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mine aren't violent, but more anti-social. Like in many work situations (I work in an extremely stuffy, humorless environment), I often have to urge to just start saying nonsensical things and yelling. Like "THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA, BWORHARARARHYCHCYHCYAY WHAT THE [censored] ARE YOU THINKING SHIRLOCK?", then take off my shoe and throw a sweaty sock at them.

I also want to say things when people start getting passive-aggressive in my office, as they often do. Nothing ever gets said straight, everybody has to tip toe and walk on eggshells with each other. I want to say "just come right and tell me how you really feel [censored]? Let's just do it if you got the balls, bitch?"

I like this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

When something's been said for the 10th time in a 12 minute span, I want to stand up and scream "ARE YOU REALLY [censored] SERIOUS OR IS THIS SOME HIDDEN CAMERA TEST!!!! JESUS H CHRIST."

And, thank you.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I like this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

When something's been said for the 10th time in a 12 minute span, I want to stand up and scream "ARE YOU REALLY [censored] SERIOUS OR IS THIS SOME HIDDEN CAMERA TEST!!!! JESUS H CHRIST."

And, thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

or when I say something and someone (OK, everyone) who hasn't been paying attention because they're too busy waiting for their own turn to talk basically says the same thing I just said.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:33 PM

Well, I've never gone off on a project manager, nor have I ever abrupty quit a job, so there is that.

The car-crashing when someone does something stupid on the freeway is most likely standard for anyone that's ever had any kind of commute (mine varied from 65-90 mi round-trip between 1996 and 2006).
Old 01-24-2007, 08:36 PM

Dibs, astro, nolan:

"Both astroglide and I have decided to believe that we can stop a plane crash with super powers we don't know exist now, but will manifest themselves when the time is right.

Is anyboyd else with us?"

No, that is retarded.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dibs, astro, nolan:

"Both astroglide and I have decided to believe that we can stop a plane crash with super powers we don't know exist now, but will manifest themselves when the time is right.

Is anyboyd else with us?"

No, that is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo,

I'm not sure if superpowers is completely accurate, but I guess I'm pretty sure I could fly that bad boy if I had to.

Although I do wish I had superpowers!