Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Steelers name new coach

Dear Alan Faneca

STFU and leave if you are not happy. we don't play this BS.

go play for the cowgirls

(sorry, pissed and didn't want to make a thread for his BS)
Old 05-12-2007, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Alan Faneca

STFU and leave if you are not happy. we don't play this BS.

go play for the cowgirls

(sorry, pissed and didn't want to make a thread for his BS)

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Also, not taking Kalil in the 2nd makes even less sense with this Faneca mess.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, not taking Kalil in the 2nd makes even less sense with this Faneca mess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kalil is a fine prospect, but I didn't mind them picking Woodley over him. I would have been ecstatic if they traded down with Denver or Cleveland in the first and took Grubbs or Blalock then Woodley in the second.

As for Alan... The market has moved to a point where Faneca is worth twice his salary on the open market, and my guess is that he got offered something lower than what Dielman signed for. If I was working for half of my market value and only got lowball offers from my employer I would be upset too. So I feel for him, but I think this whole trying to rally the locker room to his side thing is petty. I think he'll play out this season to the best of his abilities and get a big deal from someone. I would be surprised if they used the franchise tag next year, they probably should franchise him after this year and try to get someone to give us a pick for him, but they'll end up settling for the comp pick instead because that is the Rooney way.

He'll be 31 and playing on his third contract... he'll end up getting a big 5 year deal from someone but only be able to produce up to his pay for the first couple years and then he'll be a cap problem for his new suitors.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:39 AM

Heres my review of Tomlin from his 1 year in MN:

In Minnesota Tomlin has a HUGE reputation for getting his players pumped up. It was his 1st year as a DC and he went from a "decent" defense to a "dominant" defense. (yes we gave up passing yards, but the majority of the games we kept really low scoring (specially cuz our Offense gave up like 5 Defensive TD's), with only a couple blow outs, (NE, STL off of the top of my head.)

lots of people think that MN's D completely sucked, but in reality the year before Tomlin after Daunte got injured Brad came in and sucked but the D brought us a 7-2 record.

We were great against the run, but the stat is inflated (in a good way) because no teams attempted to run against us.

We were ok against the pass, but the stat is inflated (in a bad way) because teams attempted so many passes against us.
We had no pass rush cuz our DE's sucked. Our secondary was avg in coverage (smoot sucked) but give a QB all day to throw and hes gonna make completions.

Tomlin kind of refused to use his dime package, and I'm pretty sure (nearly positive) he dosnt even have a dime package, only a nickel. He used the nickel package sparingly. Because of this smart teams shred us to pieces (New England Game in which they constantly were lining up in 5 wr sets, and from the shotgun).

New England Game Stats:
Brady 29/43, 382 yds, 4 tds.

Total runs: 15 (2 were qb sneaks, not designed-qb sneaks).

In a recent article from MN rookie camp, a quote among the lines of "Tomlin's absence was definately noticeable, and a lot of people missed the energy he brought to the field."

Tomlin was good at evalutaing talent and it was rumored that he suggested some of the key Defensive pick ups, (Leber, Ced Griffin).

Throughout the year there was tons of people that were clearly unhappy w/ Brad Childress (he sucks, sept he had a killer draft a couple week ends ago). That wanted Childress out, and Tomlin promoted to Head Coach.

Minnesota fans felt like losing Tomlin instead of promoting him to Head Coach was like losing Belicheck and Dungy all over again.

Steelers made a great move on bringing him in, but he really needs to implement a Dime package.