Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2007, 04:30 AM

Default Re: Neteller Founders arrested

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

They got very rich from Internet gambling. If this report turns out to be related to their Neteller days, the amount the government is going to ask for will be staggering.

[/ QUOTE ]quite possibly, but not from Neteller, they haven't arrested curently active board members, and even if they had, Neteller is not a United States PLC, they have no legal jurisdiction over Neteller and therefore can do nothing about financial penalties.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? they extort you with the threat of imprisonment or pay a big fine. no pay, more jail time. They got very rich from Neteller. Where else would the money have come from?
Old 01-16-2007, 04:38 AM

The evolution of this thread is interesting. At first they wanted to censor and ban me. Then we hear yes it's true but it is no big deal. Now we hear that this billion dollar company has suspended trading in the UK.

When an indictment is unsealed later today against Neteller, PLC and the US Govt demands billions of dollars, I suspect the run on the bank there will be astronomical.

Lucky for us we have the mods here to make sure that when it comes to our money, we will all stay in the dark until everything is reported in the NY Times.

If Neteller decides to not pay US customers, I wonder if the poker sites will honor the deposits made recently from Neteller.. Pokerstars probably, UB no [censored] way, Fulltilt maybe. Doylesroom yes. Fullcontact poker, yes. Bodog Maybe.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:42 AM

1. Get over yourself already
2. Stop crying wolf
Old 01-16-2007, 05:43 AM

calm down fleece, I agree the post shouldn't have been deleted but you're not making any friends with your responses.

Does anyone think this is worth taking money out of neteller to stars of tilt as a precaution?
Old 01-16-2007, 05:51 AM

I'm not that worried at the moment and i'm not going to start transfering money solely because of this (especially since i'm european). But i have to say that i'm keeping my eyes open in case the events start moving to a more worrying direction.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:59 AM

I will put it to party(im not american).
Why should I NOT do it as a precaution?
Old 01-16-2007, 06:10 AM

Jay Leno.

PartyPoker stole $5Million from it's customers, FFS put it somewhere else.

ToT
Old 01-16-2007, 06:12 AM

Guys,

I don't think this is the real Jay Leno.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone think this is worth taking money out of neteller to stars of tilt as a precaution?

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw no downside to moving my Neteller balance into Stars and did so when I first heard about it, around the time this post was being made.

I am much less worried about actual government action against Neteller than about a wave of panic going through the processor industry like we saw with the providers in October. I'd be surprised if we don't see at least two or three processors stop taking US business by the end of the week. It's very possible Neteller could be one of them.

I have a fair amount of faith that if Neteller makes that decision it will be a reasonably smooth transition and withdrawals will be honored. US players may even be able to deposit for a while, but I'm not counting on it.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not that worried at the moment and i'm not going to start transfering money solely because of this But i have to say that i'm keeping my eyes open in case the events start moving to a more worrying direction.

[/ QUOTE ]