Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Re: First date etiquette

I think there is another word for women who want men to pay for their company besides beotch.

Oh, oh, ask her what the guy is supposed to do if he wanted to have sex and she said no.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Evan - you think this guy got duped somehow? I mean, don't you think it's standard enough for a guy to pay on 1st date (especially if things were good), he just saw a way out of paying and took it (where most people I'm assuming wouldn't)?

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure it's standard, but if the girl offers I'd assume she actually meant it. If she didn't mean it then I'd rather find out now that it's going to be a guessing game. I might not accept the offer, but I don't think there's anything wrong with it, especially considering that they're both in school.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:09 PM

The girl sounds like a loser and so does he. Match made in heaven.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:11 PM

Evan, it is a date. She isn't there to be logical.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there is another word for women who want men to pay for their company besides beotch.

Oh, oh, ask her what the guy is supposed to do if he wanted to have sex and she said no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you crazy this is a 1st date.

Evan:

[ QUOTE ]
If she didn't mean it then I'd rather find out now that it's going to be a guessing game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I understand what you mean - that if she reached for wallet and offered to pay verbally, this is a sign of future issues like this going-forward?

I really don't think this is that big a deal (the actual act itself) and doesn't really say much about her one way or the other (although her reaction speaks volumes obvi).

-Al
Old 01-11-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If she didn't mean it then I'd rather find out now that it's going to be a guessing game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I understand what you mean - that if she reached for wallet and offered to pay verbally, this is a sign of future issues like this going-forward?

I really don't think this is that big a deal (the actual act itself) and doesn't really say much about her one way or the other (although her reaction speaks volumes obvi).

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously offering to pay is not a sign of problems. Offering to pay and then later getting pissed about me believing you meant what you said is a big problem.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Unless we're missing some detail, sure this is a "rookie" mistake as DN noted and somewhat annoying, but I mean, picture yourself in that situation (remembering the date went well) - who would actually accept her offer to pay half?

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

who says it was a rookie mistake? We've only got one side of the date and its from a less than stellar girl. Hell maybe he went through the whole date with a bored look in his eye and she just interpreted that as him being super interested, cuz she thinks everyone wants her and that her [censored] tastes like chocolate cake. Maybe when he got home he called his friends and laughed about how he got some fake cooze to pay half the bill.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:21 PM

My gf and her female friend says that the guy sends a message that he wants to be friends with her or that he afraid to come on too strong. Which your cousin rightly feel disappointed. From a girl's point of view the guy paying for the whole bill shows his pursuit of a romantic relationship. These girls feelings coincides with an example of thirty thousand years ago, a guy would bring a girl a piece of meet as a show of affection.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Unless we're missing some detail, sure this is a "rookie" mistake as DN noted and somewhat annoying, but I mean, picture yourself in that situation (remembering the date went well) - who would actually accept her offer to pay half?

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

who says it was a rookie mistake? We've only got one side of the date and its from a less than stellar girl. Hell maybe he went through the whole date with a bored look in his eye and she just interpreted that as him being super interested, cuz she thinks everyone wants her and that her [censored] tastes like chocolate cake. Maybe when he got home he called his friends and laughed about how he got some fake cooze to pay half the bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, that would be awesome.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:03 AM

Is this the perfect opportunity for the guy to non-verbally say, "I like you and all, but looks like we won't be dating again." While verbally saying, "cool, let's split the bill." Basically, your cousin just got rejected. HARDCORE!

post pics plz.