Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 03:45 AM

Default Re: Durrrr playing 10-20nl

[ QUOTE ]
because durr never posted strategy about those plo hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my point as far as when he wouldn't give reasons for a certain action he advocated/did for himself or others. And it's because he doesn't have the knowledge. Just look at the one thread where he wasn't in the had and it resulted in a 4 way allin, yet every single one of them according to him played "iffy but fine" and "standardish". That means 4 players pushed pre and they all played it 100% correct. Believe that's true if you want.

And BTW, I'm not bitter, nor an old man. But I am realistic and think better than many around here, even if I often take a harsh tone or don't choose my words as well as I should.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:49 AM

Bluff if you don't mind how old are you?
Because anything over 25 classifies as old on 2p2.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:53 AM

Early 40s. "Old man" has the connotation at least of being 60ish+ to most people, and 40ish would be considered "middle-aged". However if some of you 20 somethings don't expect to live more than another 20 years, then I gues 40ish is "old" to you.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
because durr never posted strategy about those plo hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my point as far as when he wouldn't give reasons for a certain action he advocated/did for himself or others. And it's because he doesn't have the knowledge. Just look at the one thread where he wasn't in the had and it resulted in a 4 way allin, yet every single one of them according to him played "iffy but fine" and "standardish". That means 4 players pushed pre and they all played it 100% correct. Believe that's true if you want.

And BTW, I'm not bitter, nor an old man. But I am realistic and think better than many around here, even if I often take a harsh tone or don't choose my words as well as I should.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well now I feel like a dick because my last post probably was unusually harsh and I normally am not that harsh when posting or IRL. FWIW I don't think your a bad poster actually I have posted a few times that you aren't that bad a poster but you choose your words poorly and frequently have your posts misinterpreted. That aside though the fact is right now a lot of the best high stakes players just don't post very much strategy on the forums so judging people based on their strat post seems like a very poor way too judge their poker ability.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:57 AM

What would the proper line on the bet on who makes more money at poker in 2007?

I'm thinking it's approximately:

BluffTHIS! +5000.
durrrr -5000.

It's also hilarious that BluffTHIS! makes fun of durrrr having to pay a lot of taxes.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just spoke to Phil Ivey. He said, "Playing Durr is like printing money."

[/ QUOTE ]

I know Durrrr had a rough time of it in the latter half of the year, and I don't have statistics, but I still think that when he's running slightly better than appalling, he's one of the most dangerous players out there. He can play ANY two/four cards and somehow make them work or seem like the nuts. And we all know he's not afraid to get it all in very marginally. That's not my reasons I think he's good. That's, for the most part, why I think he's the scariest player at the high stakes. I feel that with most of the high stakers, you can get some idea of what they're playing. With Durrr? I RARELY HAVE A FREAKIN' CLUE.

I often watch the big internet games and there are few if any more complicated a player than Durrr at PLO especially IMO. On his day, I think there's only Luigi, Benyamine, and Ram Vaswani (whenever he plays albeit occasionally) who maybe better. And I say maybe because I mean just that. I find Durrrr so difficult to read. Much more so than any other player at those stakes. Yeah he tilts and calls some unusual all-ins etc but I go back to my original point....

On his day; when he's running slightly better than retarded, he's one of the top 3 or 4 PLO players out there.

As far as the quote I've included, I'm a big fan on Phil Ivey but aaaaaagain, as long as Durrrr isn't running retardedly bad, I think Durrrr would take him in the long run. I know I've made a lot of bold statements but I really think Durrrr is that good of a good player when he's FOCUSED; scary as hell!

FYI - if anyone checked out FT yesterday, it looks like he's back on track.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

BluffTHIS! +500000.
durrrr -500000.

It's also hilarious that BluffTHIS! makes fun of durrrr having to pay a lot of taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 01-21-2007, 10:41 AM

needs more 0's.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

BluffTHIS! +5000.
durrrr -5000.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, he isnt. hes making fun of the fact that since durrr had a good late part of the year last year, he owes lots in taxes this year on april 15th. and since he is (by most accounts) down a lot in 2007, he now has much less cash to pay those aforementioned taxes. durrr gets screwed bc he has to pay taxes on last year, but is in the hole for this year, so its a double whammy.

if durr made 1.3 mil (pulled it out of my ass) last year and hasnt paid much in quarterly taxes, then lets say he owns 450k in taxes. but this year, if he started maybe 400k in the hole, now he still owes the 450k in taxes (since its a diff. tax year). so -850k in cash outflow. (again, this is using made up #'s, i dont have a clue what he actually made last year). this is compared with it all happening during a one year period, in which he wouldnt owe taxes on the 1.3 mil since he recently lost 400k. he would owe it on the 900k.

this is all assuming durr follows current tax law, which i have no idea if he plans to or not. i know his roommate raptor isnt.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:18 AM

bluffthis is right pretty much everytime he gets into an arguement, but since he isnt that popular and doesnt post ginormous wins, nobody wants to listen. they'd rather just blindly follow whoever is making the big bucks that month.