Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: ATs fishmax playalong

[ QUOTE ]
Call preflop, call both times on the flop.

Given the 3-bet and the flop cap by villain, I have to say that the turn bet is one of the most obvious errors I have ever seen. It is not an extremely costly mistake, it's just an extremely straightforward decision that no one should ever get wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT
Old 01-09-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
QFT

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT = Quote for truth
Old 01-09-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call preflop, call both times on the flop.

Given the 3-bet and the flop cap by villain, I have to say that the turn bet is one of the most obvious errors I have ever seen. It is not an extremely costly mistake, it's just an extremely straightforward decision that no one should ever get wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't think the flop call/3-bet is bad, and I think it's a hell of a lot better than raising the flop the first time around. I agree with the turn bet being bad...or at leat agreed. That was one of the reasons I posted it as a playalong, as my personal rule of playalongs is that I have to eff the hand up in at least one place before doing so. As I said earlier in the thread, I made an easy error and miscounted my outs while distracted.

However, looking back at the thread I noticed something that shill posted early on, vis:

[ QUOTE ]
If you do re-raise be ready to bet any non-Q turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we take the flop 3-bet as being correct, don't we need to bet the turn? Do we really want K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to see the river free?
Old 01-09-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT = Quoted for truth

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 01-09-2007, 04:40 PM

Oh I meant check a non-[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q. Of course you should bet if you make a flush but you should bet even if you don't make a flush (unless a queen comes).
Old 01-09-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh I meant check a non-[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q. Of course you should bet if you make a flush but you should bet even if you don't make a flush (unless a queen comes).

[/ QUOTE ]

Right...check any red Q, bet everything else, if you 3-bet the flop. If you don't 3-bet the flop, then you check everything, with the intention of c/r'ing your made hands, calling your draws.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is looking surprisingly like a full ring hand so far in the analysis side of things.
I'm curious about what shill thinks about the idea of someone else (button) having a FF with us, here, and how that affects things.

[/ QUOTE ]

One, the analysis of FR vs. 6max isn't really that much different, is it? I guess one difference is that I think it's much less likely for another four-flush draw to be out there. That said, two, why should we concern ourselves with the possiblitiy of a competing flush draw, especially given that in an aggro 6max game anybody that makes a flush with us is likely to put in a bunch of bets, cancelling out our reduced odds?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm happy about implied odds with the flush vs flush situation, it's just that you don't want to increase the initial investment greatly when you have implied odds hands -- and the difference between 9 outs and 7 outs is substantial.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:50 PM

The difference between 9 and 7 outs becomes less substantial because of the number of bets that will go in when you both improve. When you do have a full 9 outer, everyone will get scared if you hit your flush. When you have a 7 outer, you're less likely to get there, but when you do, the other guy will be willing to sword fight with you. So, "how that affects things" ends up being not very much. Keep in mind I do use the counterargument all the time to disagree with betting the turn with big combo draws in multiway pots, however.