Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Poker After Dark thread (week 2)

[ QUOTE ]
I think they should just let Gabe Kaplan call the action whenever he's not in a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-10-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guess im in the minority, i think he's funny in a weird way, cant argue bout the nittiness though...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you. He is funny. I think I enjoy him because of his free flow communication. The guy just says what pops into his head and isn't trying to be witty all the time. You can tell that he is not full of himself and just enjoys being in the game and being eccentric.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The announcer is extra annoying (and not funny) in this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

During Monday nights episode the Jackass announcer spoke over interesting stories twice, Could he and the editor actualy be that clueless??? Better off having no announcer.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is his name? Ali Najad or something like that? He was Chad Brown's sidekick on a couple of the UPC telecasts and they were easily the most painful to sit through.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:18 PM

Ali's ok as an announcer, but in this type game which is being played a lot like a cash, I want to hear the players talk.

I loved the talk about the Chinese poker, and the golf bets.

And what was with missing 2 pretty big hands with people talking to Shana. One was an all in, and one was Buss' big raise with AK.

Are these turned around so fast, they can't get them edited better?
Old 01-10-2007, 07:15 PM

I couldn't figure out what happened in the hand where Buss had AK and Kaplan had 56s.I deleted the tivo already, so I can't check. I think Buss raise before the flop with AK and then Doyle started an interview. When they came back to the table, the turn was already out there and Kaplan had made a pair of fives and was betting. It look to me like Buss was just calling (I could be wrong) with AK, I don't remember Kaplan throwing his hand away. I wanted to see what happened on the river but they never came back. I guess this would support the fact that Buss raise and Kaplan mucked. Anyone know for sure?
Old 01-10-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

yea? and he's not a good poker player. bill gates probably isn't either. i dont know why he wants to play on HSP and PAD and donate money to the other players [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

because it's fun, he can afford to, and he gets to be on tv?

i'd be doing the same thing if i was a gazillionaire. i'd actually look like i was having fun while i was donking off chips, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

zerO: Now, I'll agree he is a horrible player, and is too weak/tight to likely ever win without a great run of cards, and some awesome set ups so he can get paid off by the other players. But the guy obviously knows what he is doing with his money, and for you to think that he should stop playing, and donating his money is rediculous. I'm pretty sure most of the players at the table are happy to see him there, and he seems to enjoy himself as well.

He also seems to be learning a little something. Did you see him push Kaplan off his hand w/ AK?

I also think this is part of the reason why people like Sheikan are on these shows as well. The network might think they add to the so called plot, but basically the games need donators.

[/ QUOTE ]

At one point in HSP Buss said "it's worth my $100 ante to watch you guys play" I think he is a rich guy having a good time.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The announcer is extra annoying (and not funny) in this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

During Monday nights episode the Jackass announcer spoke over interesting stories twice, Could he and the editor actualy be that clueless??? Better off having no announcer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. They're recalling this hand about a gigantic pot with like three bluff raises, and then all of a sudden Ali starts mocking them or something and talks over the story.

Seriously, I have no clue why he thought that would be funny or why he thought people wouldn't be interested in the story. Just idiotic.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:51 PM

My favorite part occurred on the AQo vs. AKo hand between Matasow and Buss.

Matasow (to Buss): "How much you got left?"

Buss: "About 7,000."

David Grey: "Plus the Lakers."
Old 01-11-2007, 03:29 AM

OK, I change my mind. I hope Negreanu wins. I like him more and more every time I watch him play.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:37 AM

Did anyone else think that Kaplan was clearly tilting there after Negreanu sucked out on him the hand before? Nice little turnout for Kaplan though, hitting that one outer.