Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 05:02 AM

Default Re: 3bet/fold

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
heheh, good joke

[/ QUOTE ]

what does he have?

[/ QUOTE ]

irrelivent.

btw, i will lay 2 to 1 odds that you didn't fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take the bet for $1000. Let me know if its on and we'll agree on how Bob can prove it.

Bob, I don't fold this but its not that bad and if I was sure it wasn't that bad I just wouldn't post about it.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

you have read this thread, so you can't make the bet.
plus 1k is much too much [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

so, only those who have not read the thread, and thus likely never have heard that such a betting opportunity exists are eligible to make this bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

at this point, yes
Old 01-08-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
heheh, good joke

[/ QUOTE ]

what does he have?

[/ QUOTE ]

irrelivent.

btw, i will lay 2 to 1 odds that you didn't fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take the bet for $1000. Let me know if its on and we'll agree on how Bob can prove it.

Bob, I don't fold this but its not that bad and if I was sure it wasn't that bad I just wouldn't post about it.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

you have read this thread, so you can't make the bet.
plus 1k is much too much [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

so, only those who have not read the thread, and thus likely never have heard that such a betting opportunity exists are eligible to make this bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

at this point, yes

[/ QUOTE ]

how could anyone have ever made this bet?
Old 01-08-2007, 05:10 AM

you ruined it by saying that you would take the bet.

that's like saying "i folded, eveyrone should take this bet!!!"
Old 01-08-2007, 05:13 AM

I meant there was no PF raise, so Ax of spades should be discounted to come extent. Again, the fact that you didn't bet the turn makes it look like you might not have spades which is why you cannot fold the river.

And as for the turn check, i am pretty sure you are wrong. A spade or 9 should pretty much always be good, and a Q or ten should be good often, so your equity is good and putting in a bet where you will get called doesn't lose you all that much. Given that this dope LIMPED ON THE BUTTON, i reject your argument that he doesn't fold anything. People who limp on the button also make dumb flop peels with k7 and fold the turn sometimes. Ax could have peeled one and fold. Honestly dude, someone limped on the button and you are giving him credit for tying together his play in a sensical way on subsequent streets, that is a mistake. You will fold better hands enough to bet combined with the fact that when you do get called you have reasonable equity. Stop overthinking it and bet the turn.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I meant there was no PF raise, so Ax of spades should be discounted to come extent. Again, the fact that you didn't bet the turn makes it look like you might not have spades which is why you cannot fold the river.

And as for the turn check, i am pretty sure you are wrong. A spade or 9 should pretty much always be good, and a Q or ten should be good often, so your equity is good and putting in a bet where you will get called doesn't lose you all that much. Given that this dope LIMPED ON THE BUTTON, i reject your argument that he doesn't fold anything. People who limp on the button also make dumb flop peels with k7 and fold the turn sometimes. Ax could have peeled one and fold. Honestly dude, someone limped on the button and you are giving him credit for tying together his play in a sensical way on subsequent streets, that is a mistake. You will fold better hands enough to bet combined with the fact that when you do get called you have reasonable equity. Stop overthinking it and bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

there was a pfr. i raised. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2007, 05:26 AM

DONKEY! He did not raise from the button, therefor i think a suited ace would be slightley less likely than other spade combos!
Old 01-08-2007, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
DONKEY! He did not raise from the button, therefor i think a suited ace would be slightley less likely than other spade combos!

[/ QUOTE ]

DONKEY. it's the bb who i folded to, not the button.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:32 PM

I sort of agree with Gabe about the turn bet but its funny that he can't read the hand right [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-08-2007, 02:16 PM

W/e, i would rather be an illiterate idiot who can mindlessley jam powerful combo draws and make easy river calls with the third nuts getting 15;1 to one than be able to read the HH and still not know that i [censored] up this hand. (BOB!) Seriously though dude, i think the turn check and river fold are both bad even now that i actually understand the action [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hate it. never folding in a blind war type situation like this with such a strong hand. if you want to fold to the cap, don't 3-bet, me on the other hand, I 3-bet & call a CAP all day to see worse flushes, slow played sets , etc. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree unless you really know what this dude's cap means you will win this enough to make folding a mistake.