Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 04:12 AM

Default Re: Petition to Change Stars\' Supernova qualification

lol, you're giving off lots of tells.

--
but in any case, stars has a policy I don't like. I'm merely trying to get them to change it and have pointed out reasons why I think they should.

The only argument for Nova's I can see is losing some tournament equity. But they won't even be eligible for them in 07 apparently. Also, I bet a large % of Novas don't even care about the freerolls.

The other reasons I see listed only are basically to the tone of, "you weren't loyal to stars enough the rest of the year to deserve this change". It's like, I'm on pace to give stars over $100K in a 12 month consecutive period. How much more friggen loyalty can they ask for?
Old 12-05-2006, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And the convo was WAY EARLIER than oct....a good 6-7ish months before oct.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is absolutely no way I would have known anything about the nova program without looking it up. And then absolutely no reason for me to even attempt to remember the details. I have hated playing on stars since the beginning of time up to October and if anyone told me I'd either have a realistic chance or want to be a supernova on stars before October, I'd have said you're full of it.

But again, this is totally off the main point. The main point is I want stars to consider changing the supernova policy. And I'd like people who also think they should to email them!
Old 12-05-2006, 04:20 AM

This thread is getting creepy.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm scared to open my curtain and look out the window for fear he'll be staring right at me.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only argument for Nova's I can see is losing some tournament equity. But they won't even be eligible for them in 07 apparently. Also, I bet a large % of Novas don't even care about the freerolls.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll have another go. When they do reloads or gazillianth hand promotions etc they reward supernovas extremely well. That means if they decide to spend $x on a promo and there are more supernovas then each supernova will do less well.

chez
Old 12-05-2006, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll have another go. When they do reloads or gazillianth hand promotions etc they reward supernovas extremely well. That means if they decide to spend $x on a promo and there are more supernovas then each supernova will do less well.

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

The gazillionth hand promotion change in equity for novas is basically negligible (I'm not gonna do the math, someone else can).

I can see the promotion thing *might* be legitimate. However, stars only does like 4 of these a year. However, as a huge poker site, I'm sure making up the difference in letting in 100 or so more Novas a few months earlier with a policy change would only cost them several hours worth of profit.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm scared to open my curtain and look out the window for fear he'll be staring right at me.

[/ QUOTE ]

But spokane is so far away.

Plus why would I want to stand in the cold out front of the corkery apartments?
Old 12-05-2006, 04:50 AM

The problem lies in the way this entire Supernova thing was set up in the first place. Why make it the calendar year? Why do people that start playing later in the year deserve to have a smaller chance of making Supernova? Forget about Party shutting down and all that BS you guys are bickering over. The fact is that people are losing value simply based on the month they start playing on Poker Stars. It's a bad way to set up a reward system.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Plus why would I want to stand in the cold out front of the corkery apartments?

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c living at home with your parents in the middle of Nowhere, Idaho sucks!

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2006, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

The gazillionth hand promotion change in equity for novas is basically negligible (I'm not gonna do the math, someone else can).

I can see the promotion thing *might* be legitimate. However, stars only does like 4 of these a year. However, as a huge poker site, I'm sure making up the difference in letting in 100 or so more Novas a few months earlier with a policy change would only cost them several hours worth of profit.

[/ QUOTE ]
As with everything including the freerolls they could simply put more money in to support the extra-supernovas and maybe that's a good idea.

In the absense of the extra money they shouldn't take away benefits earned as promised by the scheme to give to others.

chez